Is a 17' Livingston Viking boat good for ocean fishing?

I am looking to buy this boat http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/5049672985.html and wondered if it would be good for ocean fishing around Comox/Powell River. I have never heard of them but I am looking for a economical boat I can go out fishing on for a few hours and also commute to various island around the area. Ideally i was hoping for something that had a deep-v hall for more stability.

Thanks.

Price seems a little high considering they sold off the electric downriggers and the top needs to be replaced etc.. if he will drop the price by a couple K It would be worth while I think. I would also recommend you get a compression check done and sea trial it if you decide to buy it.

seems like the back deck has lots of room to walk around and play fish in, also the deep v hull will always be stable in rough chop. So yes it should work for a fishing boat :)

A buddy of mine had one, they are a very beamy boat and it had a good ride. He had a 175 evinrude on it. The cuddy is quite tight to sleep in but good for storage. His had a swivel bucket for the driver and a sleeper seat on the other side. Over all not that bad of a boat.

Kingblazer is spot on, when it comes to price. The kicker is a great feature. My brother loves his 19 Livingston Viking and has used it a ton in the Sidney gulf islands area. If this has the small rear seats it is one of the roomiest 4 person 17 foot boats. I see Vikings out Hali fishing as well. Shoot him a low ball offer, remembering you will get killed by the banks on the exchange rate.

I have a 19 Viking. No complaints. They were hand laid fiberglass boats only made in the 90's, cost too much to make and hard to compete with mass produced boats. Wide beam and semi deep hull make it dual purpose boat. They can be corky out there and blow easy with the wind. I would recommend them for sure, quality boats will last a long time.

Back