Interview with Jason Tonelli on CKNW this morning

Very good interview and I think he did a great job of articulating the facts in an easy to understand manner.Well done Jason!

Nice to hear someone else agree that gill nets are the problem. Crazy that DFO kills us open water selective hook and line guys and with a straight face allows in river non selective gill netting. How is that going to bring back the stocks of concern? In my opinion we need to put huge pressure on DFO to ban all gill nets. Its an easy concept for even the public to understand. Nets kill everything...they have seen those images of ocean drift nets killing turtles, birds, sharks etc. And nets don't stop fishing when they are lost...they keep killing. That is where we can win and really start to get more fish back to the spawning grounds.

maybe someone has a current picture of the gillnets that they could post to his facebook account As we say on this forum If there's no pic then it didn't happen

Yes and he knows they are happening he's sat down with individuals and talked about them. The fact is he could of easily spun the openings as being ceremonial and first fish of the year ect ect ect but instead chose to lie about it.

that is pretty outrageous

Yes and he knows they are happening he's sat down with individuals and talked about them. The fact is he could of easily spun the openings as being ceremonial and first fish of the year ect ect ect but instead chose to lie about it.

that is pretty outrageous
Exactly, instead he chose to outright lie instead to the Canadian Public!

X2 for a lying sack of ****. Pure Liberal. Makes my blood boil. What we need is an awesome speaker (representative) with data, numbers and amounts to put on all 6 pm news casts. Start with the liars statement followed immediately with data, pics and truth. Most dumbed down Canadians believe the ministers lies and have no idea what's really going on. Sport fishers never really got the truth out. Very hard when going against a Gov who will do anything for a vote.

For all who voted them in=you got what you wanted????? Sunny ways and the salmon got protected, from us.

HM

We should email the radio host and ask for an oppty for Jason to respond to the minister’s lies on the same show ASAP. This is how we can eventually put pressure on DFO and shed some light on their politically driven decision making. THIS IS THE PR OPPORTUNITY WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
The gillnet times, openings and catches are all on Minister Wilkinson's DFO website. No need for photos! This is why the lie is so outrageous!
can someone send the link to that DFO website? Time to push the facts to these MFs.

We should email the radio host and ask for an oppty for Jason to respond to the minister’s lies on the same show ASAP. This is how we can eventually put pressure on DFO and shed some light on their politically driven decision making. THIS IS THE PR OPPORTUNITY WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

can someone send the link to that DFO website? Time to push the facts to these MFs.

https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/fraser/abor-autoc-eng.html

https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/...ns/HTMLs/CeremonialOpeningTimes_Previous.html

X2 for a lying sack of ****. Pure Liberal. Makes my blood boil. What we need is an awesome speaker (representative) with data, numbers and amounts to put on all 6 pm news casts. Start with the liars statement followed immediately with data, pics and truth. Most dumbed down Canadians believe the ministers lies and have no idea what's really going on. Sport fishers never really got the truth out. Very hard when going against a Gov who will do anything for a vote.

For all who voted them in=you got what you wanted????? Sunny ways and the salmon got protected, from us.

HM

We can expose their lies, but the fact of the matter is, most of the public that doesn't fish could care less... remember that. What's the way forward for us? I don't know!

Back