Insulin pump placement in waders

mcallagan

I am a diabetic
sad.gif
, I have a rather expensive insulin pump that I wear 24X7.

At the moment I have neoprene waders and have not really found a good place to secure my pump other than on my briefs, It's a clip mount.

I know it might be a long shot but, I'll ask anyway...........

If you are a diabetic and on a pump with an insertion point can I ask you what type of waders you have and how do you secure your pump?

Thanks in advance:)

I am a diabetic
sad.gif
, I have a rather expensive insulin pump that I wear 24X7.

At the moment I have neoprene waders and have not really found a good place to secure my pump other than on my briefs, It's a clip mount.

I know it might be a long shot but, I'll ask anyway...........

If you are a diabetic and on a pump with an insertion point can I ask you what type of waders you have and how do you secure your pump?

Thanks in advance:)

I would ditch the neoprene and go with the breathable type waders. good friend of mine has your same built in pump and i’ve watched him struggle with it a lot. feel for ya bud. pulling on the neoprene you are at a high risk of pulling out your insertion thingy. the breathables go on like nothing but when you wade in the water pressure will tighten up so i suppose you will still need access to the pump to administer your insulin. maybe an elastic belt higher up?

That is sort of the idea I had.
The pump is in constant operation.
I only need to access it when I eat and I probably would not be in deep water to do that.
Thanks for your input - appreciated

Back