Information about Port Hardy and Barley Sound

B

bell8996

Hello all,

I'm planning to drive from Eugene, Oregon to Northern Vancouver Island Saturday August 9...should I waste the diesel pulling my 21 foot Customweld on the trip? Will it even be possible to fish?

The forecast looks rough, does anyone know what the ocean is supposed to be like Monday through Thursday of next week?

How has the fishing been in Barkley Sound lately? How about Port Hardy?

Any info would be much appreciated, I'm scratching my head about even making the trip.

Thanks,

Isaac

Tons of info on both Barkley and Port Hardy on this site-- instead of starting all over again, I suggest you look down at the recent threads on those areas.... its all there.

As far as the forecast-- there is always SOMEWHERE to fish in Barkley or Port Hardy when it blows-- for the record- I am heading to PH Sat as well.....

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Barley sound, LMAO, yeah drank a few beers there alright.CL is right there is always a place to fish in the sound,only thing is it takes awhile to learn the area.The next question, where are you launching?Port Alberni,Ucluelet,Bamfield?It all makes a difference on where you go.Do you have charts or gps of the area?,there are some nasty suprises for the uninformed.Do a search upper right it will get you started,Then let us know,I can help you with Barclay Sound.Good Luck,Isaac.Dan

Back