How long after a transducer swap out.

Cabezon1

Will be swapping out a new to me transducer on the boat. Hoping to use the existing screw holes plus a bit of either 5200 or 4200 sealant. The question is how long would you let it settle or dry before putting the boat back in the water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Will be swapping out a new to me transducer on the boat. Hoping to use the existing screw holes plus a bit of either 5200 or 4200 sealant. The question is how long would you let it settle or dry before putting the boat back in the water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Some mount a piece of plastic to the hull and then mount to that. You can then change out transducers at will

Usually around a day. However it really depends on the brand. It should say on the package or bottle. Good luck!

old pic but put a starboard or similar where the old fixings where then just attch the transducer to the block no extra holes drilled into the transom
you can see had a p66 and a HDI 80/200-- 455/800 installed on the back end ..

use sikaflex 290i or 4200 let it almost cure then hand screw down don't go full bore with an impact driver
phone pics 093.jpg

I have a tube of 3M marine 4200. It says tack free in 1 hr and cures in 24hrs. I have read that if it's something you want to take off again use 4200, if you don't want to take it off again use 5200.

use 4200, let it cure at least 36 hours this time of year, if there is a lot of it. If its just on the screws then 24 hours is fine. it will continue to cure even when exposed to water.

Back