High Tech Jigging

I've been using a Baitrunner 6000 a lot recently - I don't THINK I'd get full butterfly action with the secondary drag on, even at minimum, but I'm curious to try it. It's almost not there at all but it's not quite free-spool, which I think you'd need.

But if it works, man, that'll be my go-to for everything but mooching.

You just need the right conventional reel to help cast a bit better. Penn Fathom lever drags cast amazing especially the Narrow spools among many other models, some star drags are superb too.

The learning curve to cast well with a spinning is easier than conventional which takes more practice and finesse without the line twist.

Ended up spending a bit more than I planned but got a sweet deal from a friend on a Avet MXL G2 loaded with marked braid that only got used a few times.

I am excited to get out and try it out.
You’ll love it!

I am absolutely blown away with river sportsman. 3 hours and 19 minutes after placing my order I have a tracking number.

Spectacular, they can expect more of my business.
best game in town and it’s not even close. tackle shack is a little gem though

thats to bad they hooked me up with a great selection of plugs and grand slam buck tails. I guess im not to surprised my co workers just spent 4 days guided in CR and came back with a few ling and rockfish and a coho they got in nootka. Last day they spent in CR they went looking for coho but got nothing expect nice big chinook working the 40-60 feet all released of course.

Needless to say they were pretty POed and wont be going again to CR. He told me the guide went on a rant the second to last day about DFO and it got pretty uncomfortable in the boat.

thats to bad they hooked me up with a great selection of plugs and grand slam buck tails. I guess im not to surprised my co workers just spent 4 days guided in CR and came back with a few ling and rockfish and a coho they got in nootka. Last day they spent in CR they went looking for coho but got nothing expect nice big chinook working the 40-60 feet all released of course.

Needless to say they were pretty POed and wont be going again to CR. He told me the guide went on a rant the second to last day about DFO and it got pretty uncomfortable in the boat.
the green can is absolutely crawling with chinook. 20-30 fish days no problem. your buddies wanted to take fish home, but i get it. frustrating

The tackle shack has moved into the main store. My old buddy George doesn't work there anymore so if you are looking for fishing reports and or stories you are SOL.
Good to Know-I didn't look there-I'm not supposed to eat ice cream-that's why I didn't see it!! LOL

The tackle shack has moved into the main store. My old buddy George doesn't work there anymore so if you are looking for fishing reports and or stories you are SOL.
is he the old fella that used to work there? missing a digit? what a nice old guy.. reminds me of my pops

Unboxed the new Trevala today. Wow, so slender compared to the 6'6 Ugly Stick I have. Spooled up some Depth Hunter 40 lb on an old Torium 20 I had spare. Haven't done any jigging for a long time, this thread got me interested again. Off to the sunny coast in a week for a sanity break.

20210627_112715.jpg

According to their own ratings, the more powerful rod is also considerably thinner.

Back