WCFT Rods

Mausermike14

I'm in the market for a new ling/hali jigging rod for my avet. Was thinking of buy another trevala 6'6" med rod, but saw the wcft rod today and it looked pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with these rods? Or should I stick with the trevala?
Thanks!

I got two but haven't fished either yet. Both bought in the off season, one on sale at Cabela's and one at the boat show. I think they are going to be good, but time will tell. I assume you've seen their whole "deadlift an 18' cannonball" demonstration?

I got two but haven't fished either yet. Both bought in the off season, one on sale at Cabela's and one at the boat show. I think they are going to be good, but time will tell. I assume you've seen their whole "deadlift an 18' cannonball" demonstration?
No, I haven't seen it yet. Do you have the 6'6" two piece or the 6'3" one piece?

No, I haven't seen it yet. Do you have the 6'6" two piece or the 6'3" one piece?
The 6'6" two piece. I've also seen the demo live at the Boat show. They tie up to an 18lb cannonball and dead lift off the ground with the rod. They are apparently some kind of new tech construction --solid core, not hollow. I sure like the feel and weight in the hand, and am really looking forward to trying then out. There are at least a couple guys on here that have used them, as I asked a few questions when I got mine.

Id look at the Penn Carnage III amazing rod and specs. I have 4 models now and everyone who uses it loves it. I started with Trevala

I'm in the market for a new ling/hali jigging rod for my avet. Was thinking of buy another trevala 6'6" med rod, but saw the wcft rod today and it looked pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with these rods? Or should I stick with the trevala?
Thanks!
A note if your thinking about matching them up: They changed the trevala blank recently and put a less robust eye on the new ones. If it's anything like the technium it wouldn't be an upgrade. I have a handful of trevalas but suspect I'll be looking for other options now.

A note if your thinking about matching them up: They changed the trevala blank recently and put a less robust eye on the new ones. If it's anything like the technium it wouldn't be an upgrade. I have a handful of trevalas but suspect I'll be looking for other options now.
That's good to know! The new techniums are definitely not what they use to be.

Id look at the Penn Carnage III amazing rod and specs. I have 4 models now and everyone who uses it loves it. I started with Trevala

I will definitely have to check that one out.

I have a pair of west coasts and they're pretty amazing. Dead lifted a 15lber at home. Made some sounds but still made the trip to the island and pounded the bottom fish. I'm very impressed. Looking for some lighter reels to put on them though.

I have a pair of west coasts and they're pretty amazing. Dead lifted a 15lber at home. Made some sounds but still made the trip to the island and pounded the bottom fish. I'm very impressed. Looking for some lighter reels to put on them though.
Thanks! I am going to get one and try it out

Back