High Tech Jigging

Just bought three Daiwa Saltiga SK jigs supposedly the Best Jigs Ever according to some-we'll see.

daiwa-saltiga-sk-60-gr.jpg
Get em while you can. San Diego is scooping them up everywhere on the internet as they're crushing the Bluefin on the 150 gram and up in Zebra, Blue/pink (Katy Perry). I found some over in Europe on Waveinn that a guy posted on BloodyDecks

Anyone know where to order the shimano flat fall jigs? I can only find the huge 250g ones in stock. It looks like they dont make them or have changed the name a bit. Most of my search efforts come up with no stock or grossly overpriced.

Anyone know where to order the shimano flat fall jigs? I can only find the huge 250g ones in stock. It looks like they dont make them or have changed the name a bit. Most of my search efforts come up with no stock or grossly overpriced.

halibut thump the 250g, put that out the back while on anchor with ur bait rods , gets hit first like 90% of the time

Having trouble finding those fall flat or butterfly jigs. My local shop only seems to have to PLine Sassin jigs which look similar. Picked up a few and will replace the trebble with two singles.

But do the PLine Sassin jigs fall flat? or are they just another fancy looking jig like the macdeep etc that also seem to work for salmon, but I'd really like to try some true 'fall flat' jigs too.

Anyone know where they are sold on VI?

With regard to the buzzbomb and stingzelda type jigs that run the line through, with a hook at the end - they seem to fall pretty flat and create a similar action to the fancy Shimano product.

Any tackle crafters run wire thru the middle of small and med size buzzbombs and Zeldas and have the double hook setup like the Shimano?

And there's the big fat herring "Spinnow" jigs that have that wire running thru the middle - I've found the spinnow also kinda falls flat with similar action to what I see on the videos for the shimano fall flat jigs?

Or am I way off base here?

With regard to the buzzbomb and stingzelda type jigs that run the line through, with a hook at the end - they seem to fall pretty flat and create a similar action to the fancy Shimano product.

Any tackle crafters run wire thru the middle of small and med size buzzbombs and Zeldas and have the double hook setup like the Shimano?

And there's the big fat herring "Spinnow" jigs that have that wire running thru the middle - I've found the spinnow also kinda falls flat with similar action to what I see on the videos for the shimano fall flat jigs?

Or am I way off base here?
I've got a couple of buzzbombs I put on wires with a treble but I haven't used them enough to get a sense of how well they work. Or, depending on how charitable you want to be: in the time I've used them they've been every bit as good as the other jigs I was using at the time. I caught nothing.

But I've never thought to try assist hooks. That'd be interesting.

That said, the Into the Blue video in post #10 shows such an incredibly lifelike action I find it hard to imagine anything competing with it.

I was off Wilby Shoals / green can yesterday looking around for a spot with a legal lingcod. Just after 9am a school of Chinook had a feeding frenzy. I wasn't targeting them, (trying for Ling at 250ft and getting dogfish) but I hooked many. After the first I was giving them some slack to try to shake the hook but I still landed 4 in about 30 min. I was switching between a shimano Jig and a point wilson dart as I was experimenting with reels and gear. They seemed equally interested in both, but the shimano jig hooked the fish in a way that made releasing easy. Its only a small sample as I hooked one that did enough damage by the time I got it in that the fish was bleeding a lot, so I left to look somewhere else for lingcod before killing more Chinook.

Having trouble finding those fall flat or butterfly jigs. My local shop only seems to have to PLine Sassin jigs which look similar. Picked up a few and will replace the trebble with two singles.

But do the PLine Sassin jigs fall flat? or are they just another fancy looking jig like the macdeep etc that also seem to work for salmon, but I'd really like to try some true 'fall flat' jigs too.

Anyone know where they are sold on VI?

If you are around CR go to Pacific Playgrounds & they have a tackle store called the "Tackle Shack". They have the biggest selection of shimano butterfly jigs. Tons of choices & variety.

If you are around CR go to Pacific Playgrounds & they have a tackle store called the "Tackle Shack". They have the biggest selection of shimano butterfly jigs. Tons of choices & variety.

Back