He's Back :) HaHa - 2001 Trophy 2359

****** wiring and plastic thu hulls.
fuel tank sending unit wiring/ gasket- check for corrosion.
stress cracks at midship
soft areas, floor, and transom corners

Hey, I am still lurking in the background and searching for something to use this season... A buddy just texted me that he found a Trophy 2359 that he could get for me at a decent price... All I know right now is the boat comes with a trailer and everything works, not sure on engine condition/hrs or outdrive and it needs new bottom paint, no biggy :)

Any questions I should be asking concerning past problems with these boats... I know, I know its not a Hourston but it will get me on the interior lakes and perhaps a coastal trip the summer...

I requested more pictures so I hope to get them soon
We have an 08 2359 and it's been great we have the bravo 3 drive and a 5.0 MPI fuel injected fresh water cooled engine which is important in my mind , so ask if its raw water or if it has a heat exchanger FWC which would be preferred in salt water.
No experience with the Alpha drive but lots of people run them.
Replacement engine and drives are not that badly priced compared to an equivalent outboard .
The hull changed in 2001 which you have and ran until 2009 I believe is the last year they made the 2359 nice ride overall its a dry boat and will handle some rough water .
Ask about the electronics old stuff will likely be obsolete not much value unless its newer stuff .
The fuel tank maybe full of crud and would likely need to be cleaned.
Trailer will probably need tires, and bearings so if you get it for the right price you might have a win.

We have had no issues , construction on ours is good , stainless is nice no rust, overall quality is good to very good everything works.
I replaced the bellows and gimbal bearing complete transom kit before our first run replaced all the bearings seals and hoses raw water pump impeller , went to a 4 blade prop. so we are good for along time everything was new..

Engine comes out in less than 2 hours and the drive is not a big deal to service

Oh yah mine leaked from God knows where.kinda sucked for that reason.

I have a 2007 2359. It’s been a good boat for a great price. As others have mentioned, there is something wrong with the outdrive in the second pic. The fuelling cap had issues in the early models so be sure to give the engine a good once over and check the tank for water. I consider the 5.7l carb-alpha combo to be under powered. The 5.0l MPI-bravo 3 is better and was an option in the later models but I’m not sure about 2001?? The 350Mag MPI is where I would suggest you go if the engine is toast.

I have a 2007 2359. It’s been a good boat for a great price. As others have mentioned, there is something wrong with the outdrive in the second pic. The fuelling cap had issues in the early models so be sure to give the engine a good once over and check the tank for water. I consider the 5.7l carb-alpha combo to be under powered. The 5.0l MPI-bravo 3 is better and was an option in the later models but I’m not sure about 2001?? The 350Mag MPI is where I would suggest you go if the engine is toast.
Blue is correct there was a fuel fill adapter and cap update in 2007 Perko to address water getting into the fuel tank.
fish box seals were added to the 2008 model to reduce filling with rain water from the deck. easy add on.
fish box pumps and bilge are Johnston cartridge style hard to reach especially the first try, but they are serviceable once you do it easy to service.
our trailer is a Karavan rated for #8200 which I upgrade to electric over hydraulic as the surge brake over 6600 lbs is now illegal in BC

Back