Helby Island Cabin/Deer Group -Bamfield

Peahead

Several years ago I rented out a very rustic weathered small two level private cabin in the bay on the northeast of Helby Island (directly across from Wizard Islet) I have lost touch with the owner/renter so wanting to locate him again. The cabin is on the east side of a pebble beach and also just east of a clearing and very rough logging road that heads south. The cabin deck is virtually on the beach and the cabin is set against the forest and has drift wood for deck railings.
The fellow normally rented only to people he knew but in my case I had other connections. I no longer have that connection but would love to contact the guy again. Maybe rent again. The owner was a retired West Coast Tug boat captain. Real old salt type, big man with bushy beard. Ran an old 18-20' welded aluminum center console back then,

Anyone from Bamfield know this fellow or if he is stll around ? I think he lived in Courtney as I recall... My son was 9 years old when we were last there and he remembers just slaying springs there just yards off the cabin at Wizard. He has always wanted me to take him back there and he still asks about it and hes 19 now !!! Love to take him there for his 20 th !!!!

Hey, my name is Nick (BulgeDiesel, from the comments above). The guy's name is Paul Bottemley. I know it's probably a little late, but just incase you still would like to go in the future; an e-mail address that I have for Paul is:
ainlet@seaside.net
Hopefully he still checks it; I got this e-mail from him a while ago, & have not really kept in touch. :( I have a cousin who goes out to Helby all the time and she might have a better way of contacting him, &/or a more up to date e-mail address. I'll let you know when I hear something if you are still interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, my name is Nick (BulgeDiesel, from the comments above). The guy's name is Paul Bottemley. I know it's probably a little late, but just incase you still would like to go in the future; an e-mail address that I have for Paul is:
ainlet@seaside.net
Hopefully he still checks it; I got this e-mail from him a while ago, & have not really kept in touch. :( I have a cousin who goes out to Helby all the time and she might have a better way of contacting him, &/or a more up to date e-mail address. I'll let you know when I hear something if you are still interested.

Thats him ! thanks.....never too late . Miss that Cabin , wow its been years !

Back