Has any one on SFBC fished in Japan?

Corey_lax

Crew Member
Does anyone have any input on fishing charters in Japan? I am going there on vacation in February and I always like to try to fish on vacation. Obviously, the radiation problem has me worried about eating anything. But I still always like to see different cultures, how different cultures fish, different types of fish, etc.. I think it could be a fun experience, if the fishing is still any good there. Any input is appreciated.

Fish if you can, but FFS go ski some pow.

I know we are definitely going at a weird time. Leaving Vancouver rain to go to Japan for some more rain. But it's a time that works for both of our work schedules so it will do. And yes, we are skiing of course. The snow there is supposed to be unreal.

Aussies refer to it as Japow for a reason. Well, a reason other than we have nicknames for everything. So you better start brushing up on Talking To Australians, they're easily the largest English speaking contingent on the ski hills in Japan. A weekend in Whistler should bring you right up to speed!

Appalling ignorance noted.

Ditto.
Five years after an accident at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan, some scientists continue to find found small amounts of radioactive material along the West Coast of North America. And some of them say we should expect to see this in the ocean for decades to come. Elevated levels found off the coast of Japan show that the situation is not yet under control, and that the facility is still leaking radiation.

But the levels observed near the United States are below — very far below — those set by health and safety standards, and are also far outstripped by naturally occurring radiation.

Ignorance?

Back