Hardy or McNeill

Jeteye

Hello all. Wife and i are heading to the CR area this weekend for a couple weeks. We were thinking of hauling the boat up north for a couple of days just to check it out and try for some Halibut. Wife does not like the big water at all. Which of the two areas (Port Hardy or Port McNeill would offer the better water conditions yet still have good Halibut opportunity? If it makes a difference we have a 24' Raider with 300 Yam and kicker.
Not asking for fishing spots just water conditions and opportunity; i can usually sniff out a spot or two. I guess the other thing would be marina to dock the boat at for the night. We will just sleep in the boat for the couple of nights don't really need power.

Thanks very much.
Jeteye.

Port Mcneil is perfect for you then, nice and calm for the wife and there is plenty of places to try for halibut as well as springs. Telegraph cove would be a good spot to moore at, power and showers available and just short run to good fishing. You want to contact Dockside 29 for marina reservations.

regards,
Rob.

Back