halibut uv grubs and hootchies

J

jjmoffett

does any one know of any on line tackle shops that carry delta tackle's uv grubs or hootchies for halibut? and more importatnly has any one used those with any success? if so what colours? hoping to slay some hali's this july and wondering if they might be the ticket!

Why not phone them and ask?

604-946-1512

http://www.deltatacklecompany.com/

I'm sure Berry's has them even if they're not on the site http://www.berrysbait.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Another option is the UV spray. Island Outfitters carried that last year. I've used it, but I'm a shorecaster & felt there'd be no advantage for me as I can't get deep enough for it to make a difference.

Another option is the UV spray. Island Outfitters carried that last year. I've used it, but I'm a shorecaster & felt there'd be no advantage for me as I can't get deep enough for it to make a difference.

last chance we are going to be fishing out of winter harbour the 20-25 of july. i have never been up there before so it will be very interesting.:D relatively new to bottom fishing as well. going to give it an honest try this year! at least thats the plan anyways.

quote:Originally posted by jjmoffett

last chance we are going to be fishing out of winter harbour the 20-25 of july. i have never been up there before so it will be very interesting.:D relatively new to bottom fishing as well. going to give it an honest try this year! at least thats the plan anyways.

Should be a blast, don't forget if the halis are real hot and heavy, 6" spoons off a spreader work very well.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Winter harbour is great, I go the first or second week of July every year. There is no need for special hali gear there, we use 8oz needlefish jigs on our salmon rods at 200' deep off Grants Bay 15-25lb halis all day long and we catch quite a few 30+ springs and lings at the same place at the same time.

chris

quote:Originally posted by jjmoffett

What SmokerCraft said is correct!
Me... I would just fish an anchovy on bottom off one downrigger and somewhere between 60 -90 feet on the other off Grant! Best of both worlds.

If you fish shallow offshore this year, you are going to catch a "lot" of pinks!

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

Back