Halibut Swarm Video

Interesting question this video poses. What if i drop my Gopro at my fav honey holes, review tape on board, see fish and decide to call my buddies with results to come slay with me? Wouldn't this provide me with a competitive advantage to fish with over others?

Interesting question this video poses. What if i drop my Gopro at my fav honey holes, review tape on board, see fish and decide to call my buddies with results to come slay with me? Wouldn't this provide me with a competitive advantage to fish with over others?

Shhhhh. They will make a new reg about it if you suggest it lol.

I didn't notice the first time I watched it awhile back when it was posted, at 3:06 somebody catches a halibut right in front of the camera. It seems like a longer video than the first one.

I wonder if the reason for the swarm is because of the positive amperage the video camera is puting out. Maybe thers something to this like the black boxes people use with their down riggers for Salomon fishing.........

Unbelievable! Anyone know where this video footage was taken?

This is what the guy who put up the video said in the comments sections of youtube. "We were a few mile off of English bay in Alaska"

That's not fishing, that's catching! Too easy for my liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the guy who put up the video said in the comments sections of youtube. "We were a few mile off of English bay in Alaska"

That's not fishing, that's catching! Too easy for my liking.

Ah, thanks. I must have missed that.

Very interesting schooling behavior. Sometimes you just want to know what is happening below you. I think I will have to get a camera to tow in front of my cut plug.

Back