hali fishn bamfield

slaydown

Hey all,
Well I am headin out to bamfield for a week and I leave on tuesday the 1st. I was wondering if there were any areas not to far out that I might be able to get some halibut. I have a 17 ft boat with a pretty deep v but I know it is not big enough for way out in the open water. I have gps,vhf for fog and the weather/help, although I have caught my fair share of salmon I have yet to get a hali any help would be greatly appreciated. I will also post a report with pics hopefully when I get back,
Cheers
Slaydown

Hey Slaydown,
There is 3, 5, and 7 Mile banks, Whistle Buoy, and Beale to name a few. Watch the weather closely, you don't want to get caught out in a 17ft boat in anything big. Pick the day very closely and be careful. If you've never fished offshore before, I would STRONGLY recommend fishing with someone who has or with a buddy boat. Not a place to make many mistakes.

Have fun!

Excellent advice-- never had a problem finding halis as far out as 7mile with my 17 1/2 ft Hourston. Buddy fishing is a great idea until you learn the ropes.

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Good advice to fish with a buddy boat.when going outside.
You never know where your next hali is coming from try Whittlestone Point mooching or trolling near bottom we picked up 72# their last August.

All of us renfrew boys have been runing up to pachiana pt and doing very well not far off shore some biggies as weell up to 190lbs.

Thats not to bad a run from Bam and very close in.

quote:Originally posted by bananas

All of us renfrew boys have been runing up to pachiana pt and doing very well not far off shore some biggies as weell up to 190lbs.

Thats not to bad a run from Bam and very close in.

Where is pachiana pt?

Ucluelet shore fishing is excellent for them now, i got a 40 just outside the harbour and the close(3-5) banks were full of them, troll off bottom with scented lures or bait

Back