Gun Control?

LouDogII

"THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER"
IN HOUSTON , TEXAS
MARCH 5th, 2009
~
Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, a Woman From Houston , Texas Was Arrested, Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter For Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back As He Was Running Away With Her Purse.
~
The Following Monday Morning, The Woman Was Called In Front Of The
Arraignment Judge, Sworn In, And Asked To Explain Her Actions.
~
The Woman Replied, "I Was Standing At The Corner Bus Stop For About 15 Minutes, Waiting For The Bus To Take Me Home After Work. I Am A Waitress At A Local Cafe...
~
I Was There Alone, So I Had My Right Hand On My Pistol, That Was In My Purse, That Was Hung Over My Left Shoulder.
~
All Of A Sudden I Was Being Spun Around Hard To My Left. As I Caught My Balance, I Saw A Man Running Away From Me With My Purse.
~
I Looked Down At My Right Hand And I Saw That My Fingers Were Wrapped Tightly Around My Pistol. The Next Thing I Remember Is Saying Out Loud, "No Way Punk! Your Not Stealing My Pay Check And Tips."
~
I Raised My Right Hand, Pointed My Pistol At The Man Running Away From Me With My Purse, And Squeezed The Trigger Of My Pistol 6 Times!
~
When Asked By The Arraignment Judge, "Why Did You Shoot The Man 6 Times?
~
The Woman Replied Under Oath, "Because, When I Pulled The Trigger Of
My Pistol The 7th Time, It Only Went Click."
~
The Woman Was Acquitted Of All Charges. And She Was Back At Work,
At The Cafe, The Next Day!

Now that's Gun Control....[8D]

WE should be that lucky too have have those gun control laws here.

"Who would have ever thought it would be this much fun catching them one at a time"

Urban legend being posted on gun sites.
General concensus on the net is that it is BS.
Houston Herald is from Houston, in Texas County, Missouri, not Texas the state.

Always interesting, however, to look at different sites. Did look at the Houston Herald and saw this story which is probably truer: You can decide if you want people wandering about with handguns. I don't.

"Woman accidentally shot sitting on toilet.

A woman in America was accidentally shot while sitting on the toilet when the person in the next toilet cubicle dropped their gun.
53-year-old Janifer Bliss was sitting in the cubicle in a hotel bathroom in Tampa, Florida when she was hit in the leg by the stray bullet.

According to authorities, the woman in the next cubicle accidentally let her handgun fall out of her waist holster, and it fired when it hit the ground.
Bliss was taken to hospital for treatment, although her injuries were not serious.

The 56-year-old woman who dropped the gun did have a concealed weapons permit, police say. The State Attorney's Office is considering whether or not to bring charges against the gun-dropping woman."

Hey Time,
It’s too bad about the lady in the crapper getting shot. The women who dropped the gun should not have had it loaded, or at least not one in the chamber. People are stupid and do stupid things. However, it sure would be nice to wander around with a handgun in the woods and shoot grouse etc. I firmly believe that an armed society is a polite society, and frankly if the **shole who stole Highlights tackle from his boat-(earlier post) thought that he might be shot, he would have thought twice. There is nothing wrong with handguns, but a lot wrong with stupid people!
Gun Control Means Using Both Hands. I am a responsible gun owner, why shouldn’t I have the ability to carry a handgun in the bush?
[V]

quote:Originally posted by island idiots

Hey Time,
It’s too bad about the lady in the crapper getting shot. The women who dropped the gun should not have had it loaded, or at least not one in the chamber. People are stupid and do stupid things. However, it sure would be nice to wander around with a handgun in the woods and shoot grouse etc. I firmly believe that an armed society is a polite society, and frankly if the **shole who stole Highlights tackle from his boat-(earlier post) thought that he might be shot, he would have thought twice. There is nothing wrong with handguns, but a lot wrong with stupid people!
Gun Control Means Using Both Hands. I am a responsible gun owner, why shouldn’t I have the ability to carry a handgun in the bush?
[V]

Move south.

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Not going to get into a debate, just wanted to debunk the original story.
But a couple of points.
"an armed society is not a polite society", it is a scared society.

Unfortunately there is no way to screen out the idiots, hence the handgun ban.

Handguns in the bush used to be, if not common, occasionally seen, back in the day when I traipsed through there. They were the last line of defense in bear country if your rifle jammed or failed. Now they have bear spray. More effective.

And I doubt if the bugger who swiped Highlights tackle was worried about his armnaments. Nor do I think Highlights would have shot him. Just a little extreme to deter a relatively petty crime.

As a side note, anybody ever seen those nuts who get a license to carry their hand gun in the open down in the states?

Like come on, how scared are you that you feel you need a gun on your hip at all times!

Reminds me of an incident on the Nit Nat River. Guy is fishing in the river holding a shotgun. The fisheris guy says "you don't need that gun - Nobody has ever been attacked by a bear here". The fisherman responds- "Why do you carry your handgun-No one has ever shot a fisheries officer!"

In regards to what you say about the idiots all of them are in Ottawa or Victoria. You believe an armed society is not polite, you are correct as in Canada the only armed people are cops and crooks and they are not very polite.I do not feel that the police services are not up to par in public protection and there are instances when we have to do the job ourselves and our friendly idiots in Ottawa tell us that we are not allowed to do so. A government that does not trust it's people cannot be trusted. Just look at their track record.
Just my opinion.[8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

Back