Grady White Seafarer Value

vanisland

So I am looking at a grady seafarer for sale. Its a little smaller than ive been looking for but with the grady drive it has a pretty good sized cockpit, but the cuddy is pretty much useless. So im looking for input on what is a reasonable price for an older seafarer? The details of the boat are as follows, 1990 hull so pre sv2, same year roller trailer in very good shape, less than 400hrs on 2004 4 stroke 225 main engine, 3 year old yamy 9.9 with controls, full canvas enclosure, raymarine multi function 7" with gps, radar, ff almost brand new. Hull, deck, cuddy are in very good shape and all cushions are almost new. Ive been trying to find comparables for sale but theres just nothing out there right now except in the states. So what would you think is reasonable for this setup? Thanks all.

I sold my 84 seafarer for 15k, new transom with armstrong pod and 225 optimax. The boat your looking at is newer, same electronics.. and the market is stronger today than 4 years ago.If it has a hardtop I would think 20K+. I would have a yamaha tech check that engine for internal corrosion, they drop the bottom end and scope inside the leg, oil pan.Not an hour issue but time issue of corrosion. Any pics?

I'd say 20-25K depending on condition. The corrorsion kit for the F225HP 04 Yam is $2700. Yamaha has a complete package they now sell for about $ 700 to fix the problem. Labour is about $2000 to install. Don't be scared by this as the F225 is a great motor. My F225 has 400 hours and I just did the kit as a precaution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies guys, forgot to mention the main is a Honda 225, the kicker is a yami. Don't know if that does anything to the value but from the nada guides it says the Honda is worth less than a f225 yam.

Back