Selling our 2460 Pursuit Denali

Ground Tackle

Hi all, I haven't posted for awhile and have only been popping in and out over the winter following some of the threads, been offline a lot as we spent all winter/spring doing renos to our house, looks good now that they are complete - but exhausting during the process while working full time.

I am asking for some opinions from you guys on this please.

We have decided (well pretty sure anyways) that we are going to list our Pursuit for sale, reasoning being is we have been spending every year doing some anchoring out on it for a few days at a time as well as our regular fishing off of it. Its been great, loads of fun but I am now thinking I want to cruise more than just fish - that means going farther up the coast and to some more remote areas I would like to see. That will put us into looking for something in the 34 to 36 foot range with full galley, head/shower yadda, yadda. We bought the Pursuit in 2016, with only the interest of sportfishing - we have put a lot into this boat and lots of upgrades and we completely overhauled an aluminum I-beam trailer (now rated for 12,000 lbs)....all of this was done for us as we expected to keep this boat for many years to come. The only thing that was left to do was putting on a full integrated electronic package which was planned to be done spring of 2022. The boat is in excellent shape and I am considering putting it on a broker so I don't have to deal with tire kickers. I have some idea of prices (I can't go by what we have in the boat because its more than we will get for it - I know that) but the condition is excellent, and mechanically very sound - runs great. I have compiled a very comprehensive list of what we have done with it and all of the receipts to back it up - everything mechanical done by certified mechanic and trailer was done by a professional. When I compare others of the same age and the price that is being asked, I look at their boats and the majority look in rough shape - this one is not, people can't believe its a 1999 (we were told that it was purchased new in 2000) but a 1999 hull.....how much do you add in asking considering the condition? I have attached photos showing accurate condition of boat. I will say, this is a bit tough for me to sell this boat, both myself and my husband have really enjoyed this boat and have taken great care of it.....just not easy for me to say goodbye to it. Thanks for the thoughts on this guys!

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 514
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 481
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 467
  • Pic 5.jpg
    Pic 5.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 464
  • Pic 6.jpg
    Pic 6.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 447
  • Pic 7.jpg
    Pic 7.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 425
  • Pic 8.jpg
    Pic 8.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 542
Nice boat, it’s always nice to see a spotless bilge. I would think high 30’s on the low end and high 40’s, maybe low 50's on the high end. Try moving to the buy-sell forum, for boats, motors etc

Last edited:
Nice boat, it’s always nice to see a spotless bilge. I would think high 30’s on the low end and high 40’s, maybe low 50's on the high end. Try moving to the buy-sell forum, for boats, motors etc
I think that's in the ballpark.I think "Noluck" had a 2550 for sale @$39K this year,don't know if it sold.

Not much for sale in that size range and your boat looks very clean so go high. The trailer is a nice touch, few are legal and it looks like you put electric over hydraulic brakes on it. I would think listing it for 39k would be more than fair to the buyers and might get it sold quickly. If the main engine has very low hours/good maintenance history you could try and list for more but there are a few boats in that size range for sale right now. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/d/..._length_overall=27&min_boat_length_overall=23

Not a ton for sale in that size range and your boat looks very clean. The trailer is a nice touch, few are legal and it looks like you put electric over hydraulic brakes on it. If you are motivated to sell and have another boat lined up 39k should sell pretty fast. If the main engine has very low hours/good maintenance history you could try and list for more. You can always call the people with similar boats to see if theirs have sold https://vancouver.craigslist.org/d/..._length_overall=27&min_boat_length_overall=23

Hi all, I haven't posted for awhile and have only been popping in and out over the winter following some of the threads, been offline a lot as we spent all winter/spring doing renos to our house, looks good now that they are complete - but exhausting during the process while working full time.

I am asking for some opinions from you guys on this please.

We have decided (well pretty sure anyways) that we are going to list our Pursuit for sale, reasoning being is we have been spending every year doing some anchoring out on it for a few days at a time as well as our regular fishing off of it. Its been great, loads of fun but I am now thinking I want to cruise more than just fish - that means going farther up the coast and to some more remote areas I would like to see. That will put us into looking for something in the 34 to 36 foot range with full galley, head/shower yadda, yadda. We bought the Pursuit in 2016, with only the interest of sportfishing - we have put a lot into this boat and lots of upgrades and we completely overhauled an aluminum I-beam trailer (now rated for 12,000 lbs)....all of this was done for us as we expected to keep this boat for many years to come. The only thing that was left to do was putting on a full integrated electronic package which was planned to be done spring of 2022. The boat is in excellent shape and I am considering putting it on a broker so I don't have to deal with tire kickers. I have some idea of prices (I can't go by what we have in the boat because its more than we will get for it - I know that) but the condition is excellent, and mechanically very sound - runs great. I have compiled a very comprehensive list of what we have done with it and all of the receipts to back it up - everything mechanical done by certified mechanic and trailer was done by a professional. When I compare others of the same age and the price that is being asked, I look at their boats and the majority look in rough shape - this one is not, people can't believe its a 1999 (we were told that it was purchased new in 2000) but a 1999 hull.....how much do you add in asking considering the condition? I have attached photos showing accurate condition of boat. I will say, this is a bit tough for me to sell this boat, both myself and my husband have really enjoyed this boat and have taken great care of it.....just not easy for me to say goodbye to it. Thanks for the thoughts on this guys!
Do you have a list of the details, engine hours and updates?

Thanks all. It's a long list of what has been done so won't post that. Doing some comparisons now so we know what we will be asking for it. Well, this boat is a result of two anal people...my husband on the mechanical end and me on the cleaning end....but it is a great boat to fish off of! Been alot of blood on that deck!!!

Thanks all. It's a long list of what has been done so won't post that. Doing some comparisons now so we know what we will be asking for it. Well, this boat is a result of two anal people...my husband on the mechanical end and me on the cleaning end....but it is a great boat to fish off of! Been alot of blood on that deck!!!
Engine size and hours? That's not too much detail.

Main (1999 Volvo 5.7 GSI with duo prop outdrive) 960 hrs
Kicker motor (2005 Yamaha T9.9 PXRD 4 stroke high-thrust) - don't have the hours on kicker - I texted husband and he says the leg was completely rebuilt last year, the only thing that wasn't changed out was the gear set the shafts and the clutch because they were all in excellent conditions - the shafts were miked and they were well within tolerances - all checked by a certified Volvo mechanic.

Husband says go ahead and post the list we have done since we purchased it - so here you go Aquaholic:

2016 – motor pulled and striped down, the following was then installed new:
  • Manifolds and Risers (upgraded gaskets and bolts)
  • Power steering pump and lines
  • Closed cooling water pump and all hoses
  • Powersteering Ram
  • Rebuilt closed cooling heat exchanger
  • Electrical harness
  • Inner and outer hydraulic ram lines for leg
  • All thru-hulls (bronze put in) and ball valves
  • Bilge pump 900 gph
  • All belts
  • When we purchased the boat it came with the isinglass windows around the cabin, we had new back canvass installed and a vinyl sloped back covered made as well

2017 installed new:
  • 10 gallon holding tank for toilet and lines
  • Macerator pump
  • VHF Radio - Horizon
  • Chartplotter/Sounder – Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp

2018 installed new:
  • Helm station for kicker installed

2019 installed new:
  • Outer transom shield assembly
  • Leg suspension fork
  • Oil pan for engine
  • 13 gallon fresh water tank and lines
  • Exhaust Y pipe and exhaust hoses
  • Engine coupler
  • Start battery
  • Deep cycle house battery
  • Custom made aluminum swim grid (Lockhart Bros. Fabricating)

2020 installed new:
  • Shift and throttle cables for main motor and kicker motor
  • Lower leg housing
  • All bearings, shims and seals for lower and upper leg

2021 installed new:
  • Manifolds and Risers (upgraded gaskets and bolts)
  • Closed coolant pump and two hoses

Trailer - rebuilt aluminum I-beam trailer in 2018 by Cap-It Langford. Installed new:
  • 2 x 6,000 lb axels with springs
  • Brake rotors, calipers, lines
  • Dexter electric over hydraulic pump
  • Battery
  • 2 5/16” hitch
  • All wiring and harness plug
  • 5 tires

We are including with the boat, 2 electric scotty downriggers purchased new in 2016 (long handled), 1 manual bilge pump and assorted small extra parts we have. For the trailer we will include spare bearings, seals, bearing cups, cotter pins packed in grease. Also, I have a portable fresh water flush-out system that I have made that works great for the main motor.

Yeah id go 55, can always go down if you aren't in a rush. Nota direct comparison but another clean boat in the size length range https://www.usedvictoria.com/boats/39088755 high 50's no trailer
The Canoe Cove Bertram is not a fair comparison at all,I looked at it.This Pursuit is much nicer.
I've decided to stick to my guns and buy only an outboard powered boat.I don't like the continuous maintenance required on outdrives and inboard motors.Look at the list they have and attach a dollar figure to it.

Again, thank you all for all of your opinions....now, my husband and I need to discuss what we are going to list it at over the next few days. Rigby, boat is in Victoria. Anyone know of a nice 36 or 38 foot trawler for sale?????

Again, thank you all for all of your opinions....now, my husband and I need to discuss what we are going to list it at over the next few days. Rigby, boat is in Victoria. Anyone know of a nice 36 or 38 foot trawler for sale?????
Are you looking for a Trawler to commercially fish out of with licenses attached to the vessel or are you wanting to convert an x fishing boat into a cruiser for recreational use?

Back