Good Fishing near Esquimalt

Hey all, i'm new to the area, and im looking for some places to go fishing, that will yield decent results, that are fairly close to CFB Esquimalt! I've already been to Elk lake without any luck (Early March) and i'm heading to Thetis lake tomorrow for the day. Any recommendations on locations or lures to catch bass/trout etc, would be greatly appreciated!

I'd go to Langford Lake before Thetis, especially if your fishing from shore. Langford has a fishing peir on the South side. Thetis has trails around the perimeter but very few places to fish. I have caught a few decent bass fly fishing but never a decent sized trout. I live close to Thetis.

Thetis or Durrance are good lakes for trout. Both of them were stocked during early March. I recommend a blue fox vibrax 3/16oz in all silver. If you want to do bait look up trout ninja on YouTube

X2 on Durrance Lake.Powerbait eggs in Chartruse or Orange on the bottom this time of year works great.They're
really nice eating fish out of there as well.

I visited Prior today, (near Thetis). The black cormorants were in there thick. I'm guessing the hatchery just stocked the lake.

I visited Prior today, (near Thetis). The black cormorants were in there thick. I'm guessing the hatchery just stocked the lake.

Not sure why it's called a lake, more of a pond! Couldn't catch anything in Prior, saw a few small jumps though. Im going to try langford tomorrow. its my last chance at not getting skunked 4 days in a row:mad:

Not sure why it's called a lake, more of a pond! Couldn't catch anything in Prior, saw a few small jumps though. Im going to try langford tomorrow. its my last chance at not getting skunked 4 days in a row:mad:

Try your luck at Durrance Lake, you won't get skunked. lots of fish but nothing big. odd of fish over 15" in there. Langford docks are in good spots but put more time to wait for a bite to come up.

Back