Gold River boat launch

hooked for life

Anyone have any insight into if or when the boat launch may re-open? Seems strange it gets closed just as the province is about to open up.

Great idea to open up this thread to get updates on the status of the ramp. I heard last week that no one was providing any info from the band on reopening. That’s 8 day old info. I can’t help but wonder if all the Federal Gov handouts right now are causing some people to take a vacation. Just one mans view.

Great idea to open up this thread to get updates on the status of the ramp. I heard last week that no one was providing any info from the band on reopening. That’s 8 day old info. I can’t help but wonder if all the Federal Gov handouts right now are causing some people to take a vacation. Just one mans view.
Yes feel there is something else going on here.

I emailed moutcha as well given we have reservations there too, no reply but I will phone this week. My plan b is to haul the boat out there to the resort. I'm not going to mess around, while my trailer is only 4 years old and has less than 100 kns on it, the yard has not been overly kind to it so it's going back to roadrunner for a once over, and I'm going to hit all the bunk bolts etc so we have a fighting chance at it not falling apart.

Bear in mind that Moutcha still states on their website they will open june 25 provided they have approval likely from wcb.

I emailed moutcha as well given we have reservations there too, no reply but I will phone this week. My plan b is to haul the boat out there to the resort. I'm not going to mess around, while my trailer is only 4 years old and has less than 100 kns on it, the yard has not been overly kind to it so it's going back to roadrunner for a once over, and I'm going to hit all the bunk bolts etc so we have a fighting chance at it not falling apart.

Bear in mind that Moutcha still states on their website they will open june 25 provided they have approval likely from wcb.

Add, 2 spare tires, a spare spring and total hub assembly. Mike at Roadrunner will sell you the parts. It’s easier to swap out the entire assemble than do a bearing on the road. I’ve seen many broken springs on the road from CR to GR. Also if you don’t have one, carry a battery powered impact wrench and full range of sockets. Sure easier working on the trailer with that impact wrench.

Thanks, Mike is gonna get his pound of flesh for sure. Full stocked for tools and impact wrench, good point on the axle assembly. Are you thinking of towing out as well?

Thanks, Mike is gonna get his pound of flesh for sure. Full stocked for tools and impact wrench, good point on the axle assembly. Are you thinking of towing out as well?

I’d prefer not to, but, may not have a choice. My crew is pretty anxious to get up there. Who knows, maybe we’ll figure out we don’t need that GR launch after all. Not looking forward to running my like new SUV or immaculate Armourall’d tires on the trailer on gravel though. I’ve heard mixed reviews of that road. I’m pretty sure the guys who drive gravel all the time think it’s fíne. For us city folk I suspect our view is different. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us if running it on the weekend is safer with less logging traffic?

Last edited:
Haha yep. We will be towing out with a 2016 f250 super duty camper special. Should do the trick as long as the trailer doesn't disintegrate. I'm really hoping the launch in GR works otherwise I'm going to wrap the hell out of the hull and go for it. Locals are free to point and laugh at will.

I’d buy one oh those trailer gravel guards. They come up on Canadian Tire sometimes for around 300.

Definitely on my radar too. I'm gonna go apeshit with the mylar, the boat is stored indoors in the dirtiest place on earth so I'm pretty good at wrapping it up. Add some duck tape and let er rip.

Definitely on my radar too. I'm gonna go apeshit with the mylar, the boat is stored indoors in the dirtiest place on earth so I'm pretty good at wrapping it up. Add some duck tape and let er rip.
I moved over to CR last fall. I will let you know how the roads are, I drive to GR and Tahsis a fair bit with work.

I’d prefer not to, but, may not have a choice. My crew is pretty anxious to get up there. Who knows, maybe we’ll figure out we don’t need that GR launch after all. Not looking forward to running my like new SUV or immaculate Armourall’d tires on the trailer on gravel though. I’ve heard mixed reviews of that road. I’m pretty sure the guys who drive gravel all the time think it’s fíne. For us city folk I suspect our view is different. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us if running it on the weekend is safer with less logging traffic?

Once a vehicle is driven on the logging road to Tahsis it will never be the same. The crushed gravel they use produces a fine almost talc powder that works its way into every crack and crevice in your vehicle. There is a reason I still drive a 2006 truck and that reason is for driving on that logging road. The road can change conditions quickly but normally if there is not a lot of rain it stays in pretty good condition in the summer time.

Re
Once a vehicle is driven on the logging road to Tahsis it will never be the same. The crushed gravel they use produces a fine almost talc powder that works its way into every crack and crevice in your vehicle. There is a reason I still drive a 2006 truck and that reason is for driving on that logging road. The road can change conditions quickly but normally if there is not a lot of rain it stays in pretty good condition in the summer time.

really ??? LOL

Back