gambier island advice

screaminreels

Am looking for some help with fishing this area.The bc firefighters burn camp is taking place on the island this week and a small derby for the kids has been organized.As i am new to this area for fishing after spending most of my time in the denman hornby area or west coast any help would be appreciated thanks for any replies in advance

Sounds like a great time, enjoy! Not sure what type of fish you are looking to catch but there are a few fishing closures (conservation areas) around the Island to watch out for. I think they are specifically rockfish closures.

U can fishing a place called grace islands at tip of gambier nearest langdale ferry terminal for springs , also water south of Keats island are ok for springs. Fish close to shore in about 150 ft.

Yes Grace islds/gambier harbour off the govy dock can be decent

squamish bound chinook. was good this time last year. but with the high water in the river i think there just headin on up. if the river ever drops in the next couple weeks they might start holding out in the sound. Furry creek, Defence islands worth a try. had one on last week @ furry. glow white hooch at 42'. good luck let me know if it turns on.

Back