French creek/Qualicum

Frango, Kelly is definitely not unlucky or anything else, just check the board at Beachcomber marina. You should be asking him for pointers and if you're lucky he may help.P.S. don't be such a knob.

hahaha frango i agree it was unreal still a stupid response. That said i played two of these fish the others were lost by people i took out who have no idea what their doing. I know it was a 20lber because it was beside the boat and i have caught lots that size this year alone. I have never broke or bent a hook either until now ill take pics of the hooks they were smaller siwash not what i normally use on springs and the gammie trebles are trash. I saw the hook break and he didnt have more than 10-15 lbs pressure on the fish. I have landed plenty this year and only lost a handul so its not like i lose more than i hook. That said gotta love the beak :D

Kelly, Im sorry. I did not mean to be a knob.It just struck me as odd to loose that many fish.Keep your tip up..

Kelly

You've lost more fish this year than most of us have caught. I mean that in the nicest kind of way. You've boated tons.

I don't know anyone that puts more time on the water than you do , unless they are guiding.

Good response to the "slam", shake it off and go catch some more.

Cheers

How do your times compare to Mr. Phelps?

quote:Originally posted by frango

Kelly, Im sorry. I did not mean to be a knob.It just struck me as odd to loose that many fish.Keep your tip up..

Didn't mean to be a knob!?? What, were you drunk?
Anyone who's been fishing much has had a day when they wouldn't stick...for whatever reason. The fact that he hooked 9 in a spot were 90% of the boats probably didn't hook one means his tactics are sound.

Frango i hear ya it was pretty bad but like i said i have landed probaly 45 outta 50 springs this year. Yesterday i only fought two but still it was a weird day.

Baddog i added up the hours and i put 70 on the water in the last 7 days. Gotta cram it in for one more week then im a flatlander again. If you want to get out fishin give me a shout anytime might be easier on my boat than trailering yours. Good tides this weekend

Hit it this morn 9-12 before i blew up. 3 hits. One didnt stick. Got one small guy about 12 lbs and we lost another at the boat in the low 20s. Again no reason to lose it it. The flasher broke the surface 20 feet behind the boat and a wave hit it and pop. Tension was in it the whole time. I ran tandem octopus gammies. Ran back in 20kt winds with 4 ft chop and it was picking up fast. See a boat headin down past french creek thinking who the hell heads out in this. None other than BRS of course. Greg give a report i dont know if you could fish in that slop though i called on the radio

Ya it was nasty and we were runnin a bit late. I don't know why I decided to drop 3 crab traps on the way, But I told Bushy to kick me in the bag next time I do that. Bushy lost one 10ft from the boat, net out, pressure on and then it came flying out. I landed a fat 12lb on anchovy and lost another.Did'nt see any other nets come out, but there was only 2 or 3 others out. The ride home was long and rough and there was only one undersize crab for our trouble. Luckily the prawning is good and came home with a bucket full. Kelly thanks for the squirt, it's back on your boat. Pat got a nice 27lb at Sangster on Sunday. Derby on Sunday before the barby, same as last time $20/head biggest salmon takes all.

Moneys already in for the derby. Hope nobody throws bananas at you.Did the squirt get any? I was gonna head out now its calm but the forcasted 35kts are making me think again.

Bushy and I are in as well and there better not be any bannanas flyin or someone might be goin for a swim. Maybe you name your boat the SS Chiquita.

Newb question:
When running up from French creek, are there any rocks to look out for
not sure my plotter will show detail there.
also, are there visible landmarks indicating the little Q ??

Thanks

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

rs craven just head out of French creek go north till you go past Qualicum beach and you'll see all the boats and fish from there north again for about a mile or so then troll back.I had some luck last time with anchovy and chrome teaser head at 44ft near bottom.

rs craven just head out of French creek go north till you go past Qualicum beach and you'll see all the boats and fish from there north again for about a mile or so then troll back.I had some luck last time with anchovy and chrome teaser head at 44ft near bottom.

No rocks unless your close to shore really but its sand bottom so some shoals. Derby is cancelled supposed to blow 30kts sunday[xx(] Greg i depending on when it blows up i wanna fish sunday. I got some big herring brining up that i wanna try.

No rocks unless your close to shore really but its sand bottom so some shoals. Derby is cancelled supposed to blow 30kts sunday[xx(] Greg i depending on when it blows up i wanna fish sunday. I got some big herring brining up that i wanna try.

PICT0005.jpg

Hit the Little Q this morning...about 20 boats and I think only 1 fish landed (23 lb in my freezer :)) Caught it in the first 3 minutes, no other bites.

PICT0005.jpg

Hit the Little Q this morning...about 20 boats and I think only 1 fish landed (23 lb in my freezer :)) Caught it in the first 3 minutes, no other bites.

Back