Freeze crab bait?

islandboy

Does anyone freeze their crab bait for overnight sets?

All my baits are pre packaged and vacuum packed and frozen prior to fishing. Being frozen doesn't really help it for overnight sets any more than unfrozen because within an hour or two it will be thawed out sitting in the ocean water anyways.

I have been trying to put my crab bait (mainly salmon carcasses/head) into bait baskets before freezing when I can. Bait into cage, in bag to prevent dripping (and divorce), and freeze. Nice to just drop it in a trap in without trying to thaw/separate etc to fit it in when crabbing.

Not quite sure what you are asking-My bait always goes down frozen as I always freeze it when I'm cleaning fish,cage it and freeze it.
Dabell does the bait the way I hope to. Chasin' Dreams cleared up what my concern was about - longer scent/bait time.
Thanks all.

By the way!! Get serious- man-up and get your own freezer--non of this PC crap about appeasing the wife etc. You need ice blocks,store bait--very satisfying if she has to ask you to store stuff in " your freezer"
Pffft, "man--up", this is 2019 :p and I'm retired :) (promoted to chief cook when that happened:(), in charge of our new freezer.
Already filling it with bait, now to get on with filling it with fish. :rolleyes:

By the way!! Get serious- man-up and get your own freezer--non of this PC crap about appeasing the wife etc. You need ice blocks,store bait--very satisfying if she has to ask you to store stuff in " your freezer"
Hahaha I took this route. And then my “fish freezer” filled with other non-fishing related inventory. It was a fail. LOL

Back