fraser river springs

I will be heading out july 1st with the new rod brother inlaw and sister inlaw. Both are fairly new to fishing last year took them to the vedder for so C&R chum fishing. After hooking 20 or so beasts they themselves were hooked on fishing. Speaking of the Fraser i would like to try something different and was wondering if anyone fished with spoons and if so How did you tie it up. Do yo need a long leader from the weight? is it a cast and reel in or could you actually bottom bounce a spoon ? Or should i just stick to wool and corkies. Thanks

W

I will be heading out july 1st with the new rod brother inlaw and sister inlaw. Both are fairly new to fishing last year took them to the vedder for so C&R chum fishing. After hooking 20 or so beasts they themselves were hooked on fishing. Speaking of the Fraser i would like to try something different and was wondering if anyone fished with spoons and if so How did you tie it up. Do yo need a long leader from the weight? is it a cast and reel in or could you actually bottom bounce a spoon ? Or should i just stick to wool and corkies. Thanks

W

It's possible to fish with Spoons but not always effective.
Later in the season when the river has cleared a bit cast downstream at a 45 degree angle and let the spoon wobble across keeping it off the bottom but just-make sure it completes it's swing don't touch it until it stops.
You have to be in the right spot though-if other guys are bar fishing you don't want to get in their way.
Works well on the Skeena for sure.

that's why there's a warranty!

Later in the season when the river has cleared a bit cast downstream at a 45 degree angle and let the spoon wobble across keeping it off the bottom but just-make sure it completes it's swing don't touch it until it stops.
You have to be in the right spot though-if other guys are bar fishing you don't want to get in their way.

WELL A DAY SPENT ON THE RIVER WAS REWARDING ENOUGH. FAIR AMOUNT OF ANGLERS UP AND DOWN AND EVERYWHERE NOT MANY FISH LANDED ONLY SEEN 4 ALL 20#S OR LESS. I TRIED WOOL CORKIES,AND SPOONS. HAD ONE FISH ON FOR ABOUT 2 HEAD SHAKES AND GONE. FRASER NEEDS TO COME DOWN A BIT AS IT IS LIMITED TO WHERE YOU CAN FISH THE FASTER DEEPER WATER. ALL IN ALL A BEAUTIFUL DAY OUT. OH YEAH LOVE THE NEW ROD!!!

W

WELL A DAY SPENT ON THE RIVER WAS REWARDING ENOUGH. FAIR AMOUNT OF ANGLERS UP AND DOWN AND EVERYWHERE NOT MANY FISH LANDED ONLY SEEN 4 ALL 20#S OR LESS. I TRIED WOOL CORKIES,AND SPOONS. HAD ONE FISH ON FOR ABOUT 2 HEAD SHAKES AND GONE. FRASER NEEDS TO COME DOWN A BIT AS IT IS LIMITED TO WHERE YOU CAN FISH THE FASTER DEEPER WATER. ALL IN ALL A BEAUTIFUL DAY OUT. OH YEAH LOVE THE NEW ROD!!!

W

W

The water was high and fast at the Fraser River on Monday. We tried our luck near Island 22; my 2 buddies and I each had one hook up but the adrenalin rush was short lived. Maybe next time our luck will change :)

The water was high and fast at the Fraser River on Monday. We tried our luck near Island 22; my 2 buddies and I each had one hook up but the adrenalin rush was short lived. Maybe next time our luck will change :)

good to here that their is some action in the fraser,thanks for the feed back about the spring action,i guess i will be takeing a trip to the chillawack ,hope area in the next week or so,to see if me and my boys can hook into some springs...thanks again and keep cool,have fun and always keep a tight line....

good to here that their is some action in the fraser,thanks for the feed back about the spring action,i guess i will be takeing a trip to the chillawack ,hope area in the next week or so,to see if me and my boys can hook into some springs...thanks again and keep cool,have fun and always keep a tight line....

I am brand new to this activity. My motivation is that a couple fo friends & I are traveling to the Fraiser area on Sept 8 to participate in the great fishing we heard about. Our knowledge of the area in next to nothing & we need information like where to fish & camp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Vern Kalp

I am brand new to this activity. My motivation is that a couple fo friends & I are traveling to the Fraiser area on Sept 8 to participate in the great fishing we heard about. Our knowledge of the area in next to nothing & we need information like where to fish & camp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Vern Kalp

Vern Kalp

Vern Kalp

Hey Vern best thing for you to do is stop in at a local fishing store and buy yourself a map of the fraser river which will show you bars and holes that produce fish regulary. Try Berry's bait in richmond, fred's custom tackle or hub's sports. They will also tell you what's been hot for the last couple of days. Places like laidlaw and herling island are good places to fish as you don't require a boat. If you do have a boat it opens up a whole new fishery where you can have a spot all to yourself. Best to know the river as it can be very dangerous. As for camping i would start looking now on the web and reserve it asap. Most spots will already be taken as we are in short supply in the valley. log onto fishbc and read some of the older post and ask some questions as you have fellow americans on it that know a great deal. Who knows they may even become a new fishing buddy.
Good luck

W.

Hey Vern best thing for you to do is stop in at a local fishing store and buy yourself a map of the fraser river which will show you bars and holes that produce fish regulary. Try Berry's bait in richmond, fred's custom tackle or hub's sports. They will also tell you what's been hot for the last couple of days. Places like laidlaw and herling island are good places to fish as you don't require a boat. If you do have a boat it opens up a whole new fishery where you can have a spot all to yourself. Best to know the river as it can be very dangerous. As for camping i would start looking now on the web and reserve it asap. Most spots will already be taken as we are in short supply in the valley. log onto fishbc and read some of the older post and ask some questions as you have fellow americans on it that know a great deal. Who knows they may even become a new fishing buddy.
Good luck

W.

Back