Forum members BOATS

Hey....I thought I'd put up a pic of my boat
48d29a19f1a829d8e00b28eaeb26a6a6.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1917.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg

Hey guys just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum and share some pics of my new boat :)
If you guys see me on the water come on over and say hi and have a chat about the fishin'. I just got the boat this past December and just named her "Chasin' Dreams" but haven't got the stickers on her yet.
She's a 28' Weldcraft 260 Cuddy King. Amazing boat! I try to get out on the water in her as often as possible. I've been fishing the Winter Springs over on the gulf islands and locally in the harbor and off shore with her over the past few months.

I've had a few boats over the years you guys may have seen me in; a 15' Thermoglass named Addiction, a 24' North River Commander (not named :( , and a Kingfisher 2525 named Virtuous which I recently traded in for my new Weldcraft.

It's nice to finally be on the forum. I've been reading a lot of the posts over the years but was always a lurker and not a poster. The forum is great and so much excellent info and great folks on here. Hopefully I can add to it with some trip reports, pics etc.

See you guys on the water!

Cheers,
Paul
"Chasin' Dreams"

Beautiful boat, Chasin' Dreams! I think the Cuddy King, or it's sister the Duckworth offshore, is a dream boat for a lot of us on here. What kind of performance do you get with those twin Verado's - top end, cruise speed, gph at cruise? Looks like you have her set up very nice!

Cheers!

Ukee

heres the gator,
added downriggers, puller, arch, plotter, stereo, 140 additional hp

Attachments

• IMG_3814.jpg
    IMG_3814.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 848
Hey Hambone and UkeeDreamin nice to meet you guys. I am in love with this boat! I just got shore power with a 2200 watt inverter put on her a couple of weeks ago and upgraded the ice box to an electric 12v/110v fridge/freezer. So nice to get her home, plug her into the house and not worry about batteries draining, and can keep my brine baits cold in the fridge till the next outing. I got several 110 outlets put in also so when I'm mooring over night somewhere with shore power I can have anything I need plugged into regular power. Nice to fall asleep in the cuddy watching Netflix lol :) That stuffs all new to me; never had shore power before.
I also just had the butane stove upgraded to a diesel two burner stove/heater. When the lid is down on the stove a fan turns on and converts it to a heater. So I have the Espar heater up at the helm and the stove heater at the door to the deck. That will come in real handy for the cold winter fishing days.

Ukee ya I hear ya! I've been dreaming about a boat like this for so long. I've been fishing our salty coast for about 20 years and kept upgrading when I could. I still have the 24' North River which is a freshwater jet boat that I also took out on the ocean a lot. Not always a good thing in a chop and never off shore fishing. And when the jet ate up seaweed well that's another story. Then I got the 2525 Kingfisher that was underpowered with a 200 merc on her. The Kingfisher was a decent boat but my issues with her were that it was more like a bathtub for stability and not keeping an track in a tack on her own. She wondered like crazy. Also the gunnels were lower, and she didn't like large waves. I didn't have the option of putting twins on her either because of the transom weight allowance is much lower on a Kingfisher than the Weldcraft. I could have put a single 300 on it but I wanted to go with twins for more safety while fishing far off shore. Those things all led me to the Weldcraft.
This boat cruises and cuts through big waves at 20-30 mph no problem. In the Kingfisher I was slowing down to 10-15 mph in those same type of ocean conditions.
I'm not saying we should be traveling fast through that type of water conditions, I'm just trying to explain drastic the difference in how the hulls are shaped and how that affects performance on the two boats.

So Ukee my Weldcrafts top speed is 53 mph full throttle trimmed up at bout 5900 rpm; full of fuel, gear and 3 people. At full throttle she's gulping fuel down at around 45 gph and 1 mpg!! Not kind to the pocket book at full throttle.
I'm still playing with cruise speeds and trying to pay attention to my fuel economy so I'm just starting to calm down a bit with my faster trip speeds lol. I've got a habit of getting to my fishing spots faster than I need to. I think my best cruise speed is right around 4000 rpm and 32 mph and around 16-17 gph and 2 mpg.

Heck of a boat Chasin' Dreams. My nephews ran the same boat for a couple years and it was a heck of a vessel. They ran both the Kingfisher and then the Weldcraft. In my opinion the Weldcraft is much more suited for offshore fishing they are darn nice vessels.

Well done, enjoy.

View attachment 17697
View attachment 17694
View attachment 17695

Hey guys just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum and share some pics of my new boat :)
If you guys see me on the water come on over and say hi and have a chat about the fishin'. I just got the boat this past December and just named her "Chasin' Dreams" but haven't got the stickers on her yet.
She's a 28' Weldcraft 260 Cuddy King. Amazing boat! I try to get out on the water in her as often as possible. I've been fishing the Winter Springs over on the gulf islands and locally in the harbor and off shore with her over the past few months.

I've had a few boats over the years you guys may have seen me in; a 15' Thermoglass named Addiction, a 24' North River Commander (not named :( , and a Kingfisher 2525 named Virtuous which I recently traded in for my new Weldcraft.

It's nice to finally be on the forum. I've been reading a lot of the posts over the years but was always a lurker and not a poster. The forum is great and so much excellent info and great folks on here. Hopefully I can add to it with some trip reports, pics etc.

Cheers,
Paul
"Chasin' Dreams"

Wow thats one Beauty Weldcraft ! Great name too , welcome to the forum.. Way to nice of a setup to be a lurker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the additional info, Chasin Dreams. Love the additional outfitting you've done, dream boat of mine for sure … other than the gas bill but, you can't play for free!! LOL!

You take her to WCVI, Central Coast or North Coast, that boat is made for big water?!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Absolute beauty boat--- I love the progression--15footer to 24' then a 25' and now this gem!!! My wife would have a cow if I tried to flip boats like that. Have a great season.

Thank you for the kind words Jeffywestcoast :) ya much better posting than lurking lol.

Ukee yes I'll be taking her to the WCVI this year a few times hopefully. I've fished the Tofino area before and will be going back there and also be doing the Bamfield Tuna Shootout. One of my buddies is pretty involved with that so I'm hoping he can school me on the Tuna this year. I haven't done the Tuna thing yet.
I'd like to also do a Ucluelet Salmon/Hali trip this year too. For the East Coast side I'm planning a trip with a buddy up to Campbell River/Quadra island when things pick up over there. I've fished out of Telegraph Cove in the past also but not too sure If I'll be able to do one of those trips this year. I'd like to spend more time this year Hali fishing too. I haven't done enough of that. Can't wait for the Lings to open up too. Hopefully fisheries finds their stocks are in good enough conditions to give us an opening again.
With your name being UkeeDreamin I assume you are based out of Ucluelet yourself?

Hey Just One More yes it's been a long road to get to this boat but I'm done now lol :) My wife had a cow when I got the Kingfisher so I kept the Weldcraft a total secret from the family till I brought it home. I had the Kingfisher in dry storage for the last part of winter so when I took it over to the island to trade her in they had no idea.
I bought the Weldcraft a couple days before Christmas then drove her to a buddies house and kept it there. On Christmas morning I said I had to go to the corner store to get something then went to get the boat from my buddies house. I picked it up and brought it home and parked it right in front of our front door.
My wife, kids, grandparents didn't hear me drive up cause they were still hanging out by the Christmas tree doing the family thing. So I told them to go have a look outside :) My kids were ecstatic and ran out and hung out in the boat for awhile. I looked over at the wife and I could tell she was like WTF but at the same time she was like OMG I gotta go check it out too lol :) So she was happy too after calming down for a bit lol.
Can't wait to do some big trips with the family in her this year. We hang out a lot on the Gulf Islands. The family loves it there. I hope to get some kayaks to mount on the roof to do some island hopping with the family. We all would rather be out on the water than anywhere else. My daughters will be 13 and 15 this Summer so perfect age I think to start doing the Kayaking with them.

View attachment 17697
View attachment 17694
View attachment 17695

Cheers,
Paul
"Chasin' Dreams"

The name of the boat is pretty ironic. You're not chasing dreams you're living them.

This is our new machine. Bayliner cierra 2655 with an '01 volvo 5.7 GSI duo prop.

a8c6c74ee997d401360605d3df1b97f9.jpg

Also have a boston whaler 13 supersport honda 30 for solo or 2 man fishing

989fe33b57fd432d5ec86a66716467f8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like fun Chris. those 26' bayliners handle the rough stuff fairly well. looks like a fun summer ahead!

57f3ffa6f36692a442107acf68efd089.jpg

Here's our new and improved Malibu 185. Very happy with the pod conversion and new 135 optimax! Gets on a plane much faster than the old inboard and sips gas.

Back