Forum members BOATS

Wow sweet rig. That looks like Powell Lake. So I'm sure I will be seeing you around the local hot spots. Don't run me over. Cheers
yup thats powell lake was up at the cabin for a few nights and got out on the chuck on sunday, had a lots of fun breaking her in!

Wow sweet rig. That looks like Powell Lake. So I'm sure I will be seeing you around the local hot spots. Don't run me over. Cheers
yup thats powell lake was up at the cabin for a few nights and got out on the chuck on sunday, had a lots of fun breaking her in! See ya out there

Weather is a bit warmer here year around in Aus although a Cabin would be of great use at times, it is a BRIG Ukranian designed and built by ex aeronautical engineers out of work after the soviet block breakup. I cross a lot of river/mouths into ocean swell and it seems to excell at that.

SAM_4695.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_4695_2.jpg
    SAM_4695_2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,118
Weather is a bit warmer here year around in Aus although a Cabin would be of great use at times, it is a BRIG Ukranian designed and built by ex aeronautical engineers out of work after the soviet block breakup. I cross a lot of river/mouths into ocean swell and it seems to excell at that. QUOTE]

Nice looking boat. What type of fish is that?

Was able to purchase a great Hewescraft Searunner of a great forum member last fall. It is a wicked machine that came with a 115 a 9.9 with remote and scotty riggers. I have spent a very expensive winter getting it dialed in for salmon, prawning and halibut. Added new top, Lowrance 7 touch, Simrad Radar, structure scan sonar, prawn trap puller,tower,dual batteries and switch, standard horizon radio with gps, led lights, Hali anchor, suspension seats, prop, trim motor and bunch of traps. Great help from members, trotac, Glen on wiring my lowrance, redoing my gas lines and fixing some minor motor issues, Ian and Michelle here in Vic did the top. Had it out in the 58km an hour gale a couple weekends ago and it was great. Have the top speed at 38.8 mph with a couple guys and a couple fish in the boat. Say hi if you see us on the water image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Seagrit Not yet. I need to spend some time figuring it out. I was sold on structure scan because a members post about using it to mark schools of Sockeye with the touch screen. He was saying that he could tell the bigger sockeyes from the smaller ones, and mark them with one touch....might have been a fish tale! If we get adventurous and try fly fishing or casting off the boat near kelp beds it might also be useful. Would be interested in hearing how others use it.

Between the sonar, gps and radar that is quite a bit of learning to do. If one had the larger lowrance touch screen 9 or 12 I would recommend trying Structure Scan. Without having a touch screen you need to add the structure scan model for big $ and with the larger screen could have three windows open. With a 7 inch I like to have my gps and point 1 heading up with my down sonar.

I know Lowrance does some training in WA, it would be nice if they came up here and did a half day session.

Weather is a bit warmer here year around in Aus although a Cabin would be of great use at times, it is a BRIG Ukranian designed and built by ex aeronautical engineers out of work after the soviet block breakup. I cross a lot of river/mouths into ocean swell and it seems to excell at that. QUOTE]

Nice looking boat. What type of fish is that?
I believe its a snapper ( or snappa! if you prefer (

What we call a Snapper(must be hundreds of fish around the world called snapper), southern colder regions of Aus produce more and bigger fish than where i am and New Zealand is the best place of all for them.
IMGP0489.jpgAnother fish pic attached is my Dad with a Mulloway, caught in the estuaries, off the beach and offshore reefs, very good eating.

I worked in New Zealand for a couple years off and on (Napier) close to 20 years ago. Loved it over there. was taken out a couple times with a guy I worked with. I have to say those guys have it goin on when it comes to fishing. very jealous...

I spent three weeks in NZ 4 years ago.... Not near enough time to see what the country has to offer. My wife and I fell in love with the country and the people. I had some excellent guided fishing for browns and rainbow on the South Island and some amazing saltwater fishing with a friend for snappa, grouper and kingies ( southern yellowtail ) The deepwater FAST jigging is quite a workout, and the fight has be be experience to believed. Best of all was the eating-- snappa short time in the smoker, and then given a marinate and just a re-heat-- AWESOME!

In our travels ( however limited) NZ is the only country that my better half would move to in a heart beat.

Damn-- I think I just hijacked the members boats thread-- I am old-- forgive me !!

I spent three weeks in NZ 4 years ago.... Not near enough time to see what the country has to offer. My wife and I fell in love with the country and the people. I had some excellent guided fishing for browns and rainbow on the South Island and some amazing saltwater fishing with a friend for snappa, grouper and kingies ( southern yellowtail ) The deepwater FAST jigging is quite a workout, and the fight has be be experience to believed. Best of all was the eating-- snappa short time in the smoker, and then given a marinate and just a re-heat-- AWESOME!

In our travels ( however limited) NZ is the only country that my better half would move to in a heart beat.

Damn-- I think I just hijacked the members boats thread-- I am old-- forgive me !!

It's also one of the very few countries I would consider living in also... only negative I found was the cost of living was a bit more than over here... especially when it came to vehicles.... housing and fuel was also expensive at the time...
never did check out the south island. would love to go back some day...

Hi Cuba and Bigdog, lots of aussies are pretty jealous of the fishing Kiwis have but also quite envious when we see vids and articles from your area.
As this is a boat Thread i will say also that the Kiwis build some fantastic offshore boats which are very highly rated here, since our Aussie Dollar has fallen i think we will see less imports like some of the very nice Grady's , Stripers, Whalers etc that had come into australia in the past couple of years(you wont believe what we have to pay for boats and motors here, it is daylight robbery) My boat is very atypical as RIBS havent taken off hugely here yet, in West Aus they are more popular and they are huge in Europe.

Nice Rig Jac, Stabi's are very well regarded in Aus and NZ, it takes a while to get used to the look but seeing them perform usually convinces people of the qualities they have. Quite a few pro's/guides use these here.

Nice boat Sailfish. I love those boats as well. How big is it and what do you have on for a motor.

Back