Foriegn guides working B.C. waters

The US based charters do not fish swiftsure the run farther out and must have some sort of licence to do that. There are two or three boats that run out of Neah Bay and fish the area north of 121 which you can get the an online lic. for.

quote:Call Revenue Canada and say that there are people working in Canada without work permits.

Call Transport Canada and report that there are foreign charter boats working in Canadian waters---and they'll be in there in no time flat.

Call Canada Customs and accuse individuals of being in the country illegally.

Call the RCMP, tip them off...

Call DFO and tip them off too..

After you make all these phone calls, then just sit back, and wait......and watch.

I like this idea :)

Don't know what you are talking about i see us charter boats at swiftsure almost every day.

quote:Originally posted by battaglino

The US based charters do not fish swiftsure the run farther out and must have some sort of licence to do that. There are two or three boats that run out of Neah Bay and fish the area north of 121 which you can get the an online lic. for.

I must have a case of the "WN Number Mirage" on the ranch just about any day of the week to explain what I see there if this is true.

One can also be watching MANY WN boats suffering from the famous effects of the "Swiftsure Triangle", no matter how many passing Canadian guide boats give them hell for fishing the diamond, they seem trapped there for an all eternity untill reaching their bag limit breaks the spell and sets them free.

Todays DFO annoucement coupled with some enforcement out to clear things up out there.

http://jambossportfishing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=09#license

They should have put a yearly quota on hali's. How much can one person eat? The website above states that they filet and cook up one of the guides hali's on they way back to Washington. (each trip) How many do you think don't get cooked and end up as a gift to the client each day the guide is out there as well? and what about the $7 bucks for a one day non resident license? I get a strange feeling from that web site... pay practically nothing for a licence, slay the fish in Canadian waters and we'll laugh all the way back... I don't know...is it just me? I too run into WN boats from Sooke to Bamfield, and I'm only a rec fisherman. Sorry for the rant....

bananas

There are many WN boats at swiftsure every day including me but most are private boats. I have been fishing that area for the last 10 years and I have never seen an overt charter boat. Most of the large charters out of neah bay run farther west and north. If there are chaters they should be stopped and I agree on an annual limit. I limit myself to 10 hali for the year it is hard enough eating that in the 8 months I don't fish.

Okay... I am a Yank! But, I have a lot of Canucks that I call friends!
I have fished the Nootka area for years! And it was a real logging road from Gold River to Tahsis! The first year I was the ONLY WN boat fishing and could run all day without seeing a WN boat and usually without seeing more than a couple of CA boats. There were only two or three small CA guide boats in the area. It was really nice! Now when I go... all I see is boats. Both WN and CA... boat to boat with a lot of them being guides from all over the Island. I can only go for two weeks out of the year, so I have not noticed any WN guides working illegally, but believe me… If I did… I would be the first to report it to the RCMP, Coastguard, and DFO. And suggest that ALL of you do, too!

Personally I wish everyone would go back to "Campbell River" and "Ucluelet" or fish the “Highway” and take some of the pressure off Ferrer Point! If you want to really do something to save “your” fish don’t bother with the transient fish (headed south anyway), protect Ferrer Point from being over fished! Get it closed downed permanently… AND STOP GUIDING THERE! THOSE ARE “YOUR” FISH! If you really do care about the “Canadian” fish and you know what I am talking about, you will agree and call DFO to get it closed! If you don’t know, don’t ask, because I’m not talking! But a phone call to DFO stating some crazy Yank thinks Ferrer should be shut down to protect the “Canadian Chinook”; they will probably agree!

Now the real reason for this post! Cathy at Westview is one of the nicest and most law bidding people I have ever met. She is also one of the most concerning people I know about Canadian laws and DFO rules and regulations. If she knew of anything "illegal", I am sure she would report it! To even suggest Westview is knowingly supporting any such thing... is BULL!

If I was a foreign guide and read this I'd be a little nervous;)

"But a phone call to DFO stating some crazy Yank thinks Ferrer should be shut down to protect the “Canadian Chinook”; they will probably agree! "

We are killing each others fish anyways.
The Columbia (kudos) runs are a large % of WCVI caught fish.[8]

Most of the BC fish don't make it out of Alaska. [:0]

Back