Kitimat Fishing advice

ddill

Hi all, I'm new, seeking advice. I'd like to go to Kitimat . I have an 18 foot Glasply, podded with new outboard and kicker. Boat holds about 100 liters of fuel. Looking to day trip fish ( Salmon maybe bottom fish ) just wondering where to put in, how far a guy could go, gear to take ( shopping list ) places to stay etc. Thanks in advance for the tips.

Attachments

• 20230607_213807.jpg
    20230607_213807.jpg
    833.6 KB · Views: 47
I live in Kitimat but i'm fairly new to the area so bear with me. Jessie falls has been pretty hot for chinook recently. There is a free boat launch near Rio Tinto (hospital beach) which shouldnt be an issue with a boat of your size. MK marine near Kitimaat Village has a good ramp but costs for parking and launching.
Kitimat has all the essentials you need and a couple grocery stores. For accommodation, there are a couple hotels, and a lot of people stay at Kitimat Lodge for fishing. There's a couple nice campgrounds too.

You don't need to travel too far down the inlet to find fish, crabs or prawns.

@bryce lives in terrace and might be more insightful. Use the search button as well, as there is some good info on Douglas channel in there.

I live in Kitimat but i'm fairly new to the area so bear with me. Jessie falls has been pretty hot for chinook recently. There is a free boat launch near Rio Tinto (hospital beach) which shouldnt be an issue with a boat of your size. MK marine near Kitimaat Village has a good ramp but costs for parking and launching.
Kitimat has all the essentials you need and a couple grocery stores. For accommodation, there are a couple hotels, and a lot of people stay at Kitimat Lodge for fishing. There's a couple nice campgrounds too.

You don't need to travel too far down the inlet to find fish, crabs or prawns.

@bryce lives in terrace and might be more insightful. Use the search button as well, as there is some good info on Douglas channel in there.
Thank you sir , that is helpful

Don’t expect any crazy fishing but people have good days Jesse falls, coste island and right in the estuary is where I hear the most
Coste rocks for bottom fish
Where are you coming from

Don’t expect any crazy fishing but people have good days Jesse falls, coste island and right in the estuary is where I hear the most
Coste rocks for bottom fish
Where are you coming from
Burns Lake BC, hopefully in July. Bringing the wife and daughter so they will be ok with bottom fishing, they don't have the patience for trolling lol. Thanks again, I'll spend time studying the spots you mentioned.

Burns Lake BC, hopefully in July. Bringing the wife and daughter so they will be ok with bottom fishing, they don't have the patience for trolling lol. Thanks again, I'll spend time studying the spots you mentioned.

Fire me a text or give me a call 12505897877

Back