floods/ boat hazards

High water in the rivers, like Squamish and Chilliwack, will be bringing lots of logs, trees, stumps and branches to the Howe Sound and SOG. Beware!
Good reminder!
Forecast looks nice for tomorrow and I was thinking of heading out for a few hours but then I watched the news this morning about the river levels and debris that are floating down from higher elevations. They’re also talking about a possible wind storm coming in later in the afternoon. Maybe it’s not the greatest idea to go solo fishing in the Sound until it settles a bit.
It’s been a crazy year weatherwise!

This has got to have a negative impact on the fall spawn!

This has got to have a negative impact on the fall spawn!
Yep. Water level at Vedder went up by 2m in less than 24 hrs.it’s a similar situation for most other flows. The impact on the Chum run could be devastating.

Yep. Water level at Vedder went up by 2m in less than 24 hrs.it’s a similar situation for most other flows. The impact on the Chum run could be devastating.
I’m sure the other species Redds will also get blown out. Could be a real disaster.

Just drove over the golden ear bridge and there is a line of **** floating down huge logs, trees, bark. Even looks like some debre from the upstream mills

oh man,, anyone want to buy a booming drainage business?

Well here is the squam, cheackamus, and the quam. Was on a good line too. Supposed to get cold finally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-151634_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-151634_Chrome.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20211115-151611_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-151611_Chrome.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20211115-151200_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-151200_Chrome.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 41
Glad I got down to the old folks home in White Rock to see Mom on Friday. Looks like the backside of the storm just passed Kelowna. Crazy wind, rain, lightning and thunder for about 6 minutes. Now it's calm again. Soccer game in Edmonton tomorrow should be interesting when the moisture and the cold combine to make the Mexican team cry.

I was driving down upper riverside at about 50 kph, looked over to see an 80' tree pass me in the river! It's crazy and folks on the west side have experienced a full breach onto their properties.

Friends were driving down from osoyoos last night and got caught around hope. They ended up hydrolocking the engine in the 440i and had to leave it, most likely a total loss.

My buddy is stuck on Highway 7 near Agassiz. Spent the night in the truck and they were just told that they might not be moving tomorrow either. They are right beside a band office so have access to water and bathrooms. They knew weather was crap though and stocked up on beer, food, and gas prior to making the trip home. I went through the same area about 4-5 hours prior to him going through so I was almost caught in it. Absolute craziness.

Last edited:
My business partner is stuck on Highway 7 near Agassiz. Spent the night in the truck and they were just told that they might not be moving tomorrow either. They are right beside a band office so have access to water and bathrooms. They knew weather was crap though and stocked up on beer, food, and gas prior to making the trip home. I went through the same area about 4-5 hours prior to him going through so I was almost caught in it. Absolute craziness.
Glad they stocked up on beer that would suck

Man I feel for all the flood victims that are gonna spend the next 6 months rebuilding.

not easy right now

My business partner is stuck on Highway 7 near Agassiz. Spent the night in the truck and they were just told that they might not be moving tomorrow either. They are right beside a band office so have access to water and bathrooms. They knew weather was crap though and stocked up on beer, food, and gas prior to making the trip home. I went through the same area about 4-5 hours prior to him going through so I was almost caught in it. Absolute craziness.
Wonder if your buddy got air lifted out of there ?

Wonder if your buddy got air lifted out of there ?
No, they were airlifting people that were stuck between the two mud slides. And anyone with a medical emergency. There was someone going from car to car to try to find insulin….

My buddy was stuck between the mudslide and the rockslide. They cleared the rockslide so he’s back in hope now waiting for highway 1 to open which may happen tonight

Well, we had the unprecedented extreme heat in early summer, a super long wildfire season, a tornado and record rainfall this fall. I’m starting to get worried about our winter now! :rolleyes::p

Back