Flat Bedding a boat and trailer from back east?

bigdogg1

Starting to look around for another boat and have seen a few from Ontario and further east that might check some boxes. Does anyone here have any experience or suggestions about the cost of bringing a 26-30' boat to BC on a flat bed from there? Would think that would be a safer bet than simply having it towed; no amount of inspection or survey on a trailer would be comforting to me fo a trip of that length.

TIA

Starting to look around for another boat and have seen a few from Ontario and further east that might check some boxes. Does anyone here have any experience or suggestions about the cost of bringing a 26-30' boat to BC on a flat bed from there? Would think that would be a safer bet than simply having it towed; no amount of inspection or survey on a trailer would be comforting to me fo a trip of that length.

TIA
Fall of 2020 I had a Pursuit os325 hauled by Bothwell Boatworks from Parry Sound to Edmonton for 12k. Hauled it to CR myself in the spring. They used to have Campion boats to haul back east that reduced the bill but I guess that’s over.

Might have height issue putting a boat/trailer on a flat deck if its a large boat.

People ship them on trailers all the time.

Bought the boat without the trailer as even using a specific designed trailer it was still close to max height. A few older and lower bridges to clear. Timing was bad to try and find a trailer heavy enough to haul the boat behind a pickup. There are a number of privateers available but you may want to consider how the insurance coverage works. Previously purchased a boat on a trailer from Toronto and had one of those guys haul it out. Luckily nothing happened as when it got here I asked my broker and he said “I thought you were hauling it. We can’t cover someone not listed on the policy.”

All good information. Definitely looks like a 10-15k add on for this. Thanks all. Will see how the numbers fall on these boats.

Back