Flashers with E-Chip???

S

steve41

Has anyone tried those flashers with the e-chip in them? Do they out number the hook-ups of an ordinary flasher? Just wondering if I should drop the $20 to try?
Thanks Steve41:)

I'm believing those flashers with the e chips do work very well I've got one down at all times now and I just picked up a couple more over the weekend. the pro troll is my favorite I've been doing really well with those lately maybe it's the knight rider or maybe it's just there's alot of fish out there these days but I've caught the majority of my salmon this year on the e chip flasher. Buy one try it out. It's worth the extra $5.

does the E-chip make a difference, who knows?

The fact is there are too many variables involved to ever really say any one piece of equipment makes any difference at all.

You could put the same setups down, with the only difference being that one flasher has the E-chip and you could troll around for days. Now if that E-chip took all the fish, it still wouldn't be a controlled enough experiment to categorically state that the E-chip made the difference.

At the end of the day you'll catch more fish on what ever piece of equipment spends the most time underwater. That being said I do catch fish on E-chip flashers, but I don't worry about if I put a flasher down that doesn't have one.

Vic Boater, Poppa Swiss
That's pretty much what I was thinking I'm conducting experiments all the time so my favorite gear goes down my side which has Dynema cable and a glow cannon ball the other side is downrigger cable and a pancake so right there it could be anything but my side is way outproducing the other side and the e chip flasher has been going down my side so it could be anything but I'm definately confident in the thing, I had an e chip flasher last year it was slaying too.
Who knows what it is?

you know mr. killer, if all your fish are all coming in on the braided line side you might wanna check your electrolosis on the metal wire - it could be way off.

I've thought about that, I have a pretty basic set up I only have my gps/sonar and engine hooked to the battery so I know I have no shorts any where, I should check the thing. I have caught salmon on the cable side this year so I dismissed it, If I wasn't going to change the cable to Dynema soon I'd probably get more serious about it. Thanks for the tip.
Mr K

Back