Fishing Vancouver Area Improving (pic)

dito to last reply...;)
right now, spoons and herring and hooches have been doing well off the bottom between the bell and the cap, most of the fall springs we have all been waiting for are "just" starting to come in. there are some "red" springs still lurking, why, great question, but they are here and ready for the picking, but hunting is the only wait to het them. don't give up on a spot. i see many people moving on because they don't hit a fish on the first run, but going over that run a couple times might just surprise you. We all know the springs are coming through, so sticking around might put one or two in the box.

quote:Originally posted by bugscabo

dito to last reply...;)
right now, spoons and herring and hooches have been doing well off the bottom between the bell and the cap, most of the fall springs we have all been waiting for are "just" starting to come in. there are some "red" springs still lurking, why, great question, but they are here and ready for the picking, but hunting is the only wait to het them. don't give up on a spot. i see many people moving on because they don't hit a fish on the first run, but going over that run a couple times might just surprise you. We all know the springs are coming through, so sticking around might put one or two in the box.

Hey, bugscabo.

Thanks for the info, if you don't mind sharing a little more. What colour hoochies are working around West Van and the Bell Buoy lately.
Just curious cause I love the plastics and I've got a tackle stores worth to throw at them. I'll drag the bait when I have to, but I'd rather use the hooches if they're biting on them. I usually find the first ones to show up in West Van are eager biters for hoochies. A little later on it's pretty much strictly a bait fishery.

whats been working well has been spackle back hooch with a longer than usual leader (30 to 35 inches) ,white hooch and pink gear if you want a litttle fight with those pinks. Bait though is definatly choice, and leaders as long as 6 feet. T10 and sandheads has been producing large fish, thats if you can get them in before the population of seals don't make a snack out of them. the cap is ok, a couple fish caught but not hot, again working the area hard is the only way to produce. I haven't seen too many people fishing QA and the bell, but i would say there are fish sitting there all the way out to point atkinson. our september white springs are late this year so they got to be sitting out there anxiously waiting for it to rain a bit.

What a great day on the water. Only managed to bring 1 coho into the boat today, lost 2 springs-1 to a seal, the other to a passing tug and barge--------dont even ask. Started out real lumpy out at the QA and then settled down to a sunny hot day. Fish were hitting at 123 with purple haze teaser and flasher with #5 chovies, was tugging them around at 2.2 mph.
[8D][8D]

What a great day on the water. Only managed to bring 1 coho into the boat today, lost 2 springs-1 to a seal, the other to a passing tug and barge--------dont even ask. Started out real lumpy out at the QA and then settled down to a sunny hot day. Fish were hitting at 123 with purple haze teaser and flasher with #5 chovies, was tugging them around at 2.2 mph.
[8D][8D]

Thanks, great report! We heard a tug with a barge blowing his horn five times and saw he was headed right through the middle of a group of boats. Nice to hear you had an exciting day.

Thanks, great report! We heard a tug with a barge blowing his horn five times and saw he was headed right through the middle of a group of boats. Nice to hear you had an exciting day.

fished bell boy yesterday got a 47 spring and lost a nice one to the seals at the cap

Sweet. That's a huge fish! [8D] Do tell more, Farny.

Was it a red or a white?

I had the wife take a pic but it really sucks , anyway it was a white I got it on white hooch, all the hits were on white hooch yesterday the one I lost and a couple real solid hits the 47 was at 125 on my way across to the bell bouy about 1/4 mile back it honestly ripped of 350 yards of line in its first run

YARDS? [:0][:0][:0]

How many guys even keep that much line on their reels?

I'd love to see a picture of that one....

;)

I fish with an 11/12 flyreel holds 250 yards of backing and 350 of mono I was into the backing thats how i know how much was pulled out

quote:Originally posted by farny

I had the wife take a pic but it really sucks , anyway it was a white I got it on white hooch, all the hits were on white hooch yesterday the one I lost and a couple real solid hits the 47 was at 125 on my way across to the bell bouy about 1/4 mile back it honestly ripped of 350 yards of line in its first run

Interesting. I've played a lot of big ones well over that size. My guests have played a lot of big ones well over that size in years of professional guiding... Can't say I've ever had a 350 yard run out of any Salmon...unless it was foul hooked or the drag blew up...[:I]. 350 yards is 1050 feet. Hmmmmmm... A SUPERcharged fish...

Would still like to see a picture of that fish... ;)

you know im sure you have seen it all but I am not one for bull**** its not my style and i have also nailed a few fish in my life and this is the first one that ever ran like that like it or not thems are the facts

Back