Fishing Vancouver Area Improving (pic)

Will be on the water sat and sun off west van and t10. if your out call on 16 to flytyer. Give me your call name and channel and i will talk and share whats happening, not like that other guy that starts with F who wont kiss and tell;););)

[8D]

Full day today-a slow bite but we did get 2 Springs around 12# and released one Wild Coho and one shaker Spring.

All on Anchovy @/around the Bell Buoy.

Back out tomorrow @ 06:00 hrs.[8D]

Brisco, Both pinks and springs with even the odd coho one guy said.
The one guy is a fellow member of the NES so I know it is good.
I will target springs on the change but you know the pinks...good fun to toss too when they are there especially with the lite stuff. Pink run four yeatrs ago was a blast, my friend and I had a 25 fish day (actually about 3hrs) on pinks and a couple of springs each as well.
I wonder about the coho but you never know

quote:Originally posted by BentGaff

Hey F.M.
If you had only one day to fish , and you were taking some good friends who never caught a salmon before...... where would you go, and what would you do to boat the boys a fish...[?][?][?]
Thanks for the advice, hoping to get out in the next week.
B.G.

Fish where the bigger boats are...find the charter vessels...and the high horsepower boats...and you'll know you're in the right area...

And forget about West Vancouver for AT LEAST another week.

quote:Originally posted by Dogbreath

Full day today-a slow bite but we did get 2 Springs around 12# and released one Wild Coho and one shaker Spring.

All on Anchovy @/around the Bell Buoy.

Back out tomorrow @ 06:00 hrs.[8D]

Dogbreath, I think we saw you out there.. we were trolling the same area in our white 20' aluminum.. North of 49'

We had a couple shakers and lost a whopper early in the morning.

Back at it today in the crowd @ the Bell Bouy.

3 hard hits early resulted in one small Spring as pictured, 70 cm long.

A quick trip over to the T10 resulted in zip.

Lotsa boats, lotsa bait, some Porpoises and one huge Sea Lion but notta heluuva lotta action anywhere.

fishing0826.07.jpg

We were at the Bell buoy this morning, came away with one 25 # spring caught at 40 feet an hour before the tide change. That was the only action other than dogfish. Who knows where they'll be tomorrow, that's the way it goes when chasing the migration.

Was out today from 6 - 8:30.

Fishing out of my Canoe, old school, with slipweights/flasher/anchovy.

Weren't too many boats when I started. Lost one (a Pink I think, was smallish) to a seal at 6:30. Only saw 2 seals today, and only early, I think they headed out to the bouy with all the boats.
Saw the boat next to me in the same area hook up and LLR about 6:45.

Nothing for the next 1 1/2 hours. Bait was all over on top of the water.
Lost another one 'cause I was asleep at the switch.
Then hooked up/landed this one, and headed in by 8:30.

2 1/2 hours. 3 hookups. 1 landed at 20#ish.
Picture008.jpg

I was at the Bell Bouy for about an hour and half around 10. Not alot happening and lots of boats. Hit the mouth of the Cap. Put the rods down and got a hit right away. It was a just under Chinook. Came from 25 feet of water. Nothing after that. I saw two fish hooked off apartments north of Cap. One was Pink and I did not see the other. Heard of a couple better fish early AM.

Was out yesterday from 7 until noon at the bell buoy and managed one 20# red doe about an hour after the change at 60'near the mile marker. Almost missed it because I was frantically tying teaser rigs after a flurry of dogs. This fish had been caught on some kind of a wire longline before, as she was missing a big 3" x 4" patch of skin on one side of the collar where the wire had abraded the skin, a corresponding mark near the anal fin and a big ugly hoook hole in her lower lip. Who fishes like this? Still fought pretty well, though I doubt she'd have made it to spawn... Just happy to have been able to assist mother nature...:D

IMG_2821.jpg

Pic is the good side.

Yep...there wasn't a whole lot going on for 50 boats, that's for sure.

We released about a 12 lb white first thing. Then kept a 22lb Marble, a 25 red, and we did ok with action.. :D

Out yesterday at the coal port...tons of fish on the sounder.
one pink and three small springs. Caught a really nice greenling so kinda made up for the lack of salmon.

Getbent

Picture250-1.jpg[

Started at west beach this moring nadda so went to the QA as did every one. dropped the gear to 120 on the north side of the can and landed this nice red buck.Didnt see many taken though today

Back at the Bell buoy this morning. One 22 pounder to show for 6 hours on the water. The boats were more sparse and spread out today, only saw one other big fish caught. Lots of action early, but nothing boated (small spring, wild coho, dogfish, general ineptitude). Red doe at 11:45 at 50 feet.

When will it pick up? Gotta happen soon.

quote:Originally posted by demersonbc

I hope so... I havent been able to get out lately so am hoping it gets good as i will probably head out this week or next weekend... Will it pick up again??? because i heard it was HOT a little while ago

quote:Originally posted by demersonbc

Back at the Bell buoy this morning. One 22 pounder to show for 6 hours on the water. The boats were more sparse and spread out today, only saw one other big fish caught. Lots of action early, but nothing boated (small spring, wild coho, dogfish, general ineptitude). Red doe at 11:45 at 50 feet.

It's pretty much over for springs at the Bell Buoy. Reds are about through, and Whities are next. In another week, it'll start to happen off the Cap.

Then it's a whole different GONG show.

We also caught a red doe, about 18 lbs. according to our old crappy scale. Not too long after noon around 40' mark.

General ineptitude??? You must have seen us.:D See the missing scales, my nephew was squeezing it like it was a hottie! Then he caught a plane back to Calgary smelling like a spring.

sept07044.jpg

Back