Fishing Vancouver Area Improving (pic)

Catching a fish that large is entirely right place right time. Not to say there is no skill involved because there is, but anyone from a tiny rowboat to a guide whos out everyday trolling 4 rods has the chance to catch a fish like that. Its just a matter of whether the 8lb bites or the monster! Farny was doing just like anyone else trolling the area, and he happened to get lucky so Congrats to the guy. I know there are alot of BS'ers out there but lets give the guy a break and give him the benefit of the doubt and a pat on the back for a job well done. You know if you were the one that nailed the 47 you'd be on here talking about it too! So Congrats Bud on a beauty! :)

quote:Originally posted by farny

if I get a fish that size again Ill go boat to boat to confirm it with everyone out on the water

:Dyou bet you will[:p]

Any recent reports from out in the local Vancouver waters?? Going to try and head out on Sunday.

Fished North Shore/Cap on flood tide this afternoon. Pretty dead, twenty plus boats fishing the Cap, didn't see a fish on any boat. Plenty of charter boys out today. I didn't even see them into any. Talked to a couple of guys including a charter that fished the bell buoy, nothing doing there either. I hope it's just a lull, the springs should still be coming in. Anyone have any luck around Vancouver today?

I was out on friday also ,tried cap and bell bouy, nothing not even a strike, saw a guy boat a nice one right in front of the cap at 9am,pretty slow ,but a nice day for fishing

It sure is nice this year to see so many excellent posts from so many folks around Vancouver. Thanks for that. [8D]

I've been stuck with stuff to do the past few weeks, but I hope to get out next weekend so I can find the big brother to Farny's fish. ;)

Went out for a few hours early this morning. Only one under size spring (4 pounds). Thought it might have been a Coho as he went airborne quite a few times. Caught it trolling down Spanish Banks before the bell buoy. Lots of seals at the bell buoy, didn't bother to hang around long. If I did manage to hook a decent fish the seals would have snatched it for sure.

Went to Ambleside yesterday until 1 p.m. about 8 boats. Didn't see anyone catch any. Have the fish gone up the Cap yet? The water level is rising with all the rain so there should be some going up there soon.

so boys...i have a story. i was out yesterday (monday) off the pink apartments/ambleside. i noticed not many guys out there. most of them at the river. i was there around 2pm. flood. we were in about 30'. pretty much bouncing off the bottom. did a turn to head east and boom. i let him go for a little dance first. now, keep in mind, i am a rookie. this would have been my second fish in 12 years! thats right. would have been! about half way through i realized this was no tiny pink. it felt massive! i have video tape to prove it! i'll get a pic up soon. when it came up to the surface, you can hear my bro and i say "what the hell is that?" i thought it was way to big to be a spring. not for me. i have no luck at all! then he kind of tilted and showed me his enormous belly. i got my brother to grab the net. he slowly got it in the water...and i probably rushed it here. rookie. i grabbed the rod, line and all, thinking it was a done deal. he was a foot away swimming right into our net. then bam.he snapped my 25lb line. i was in shock for a full minute. SO close to bagging a HUGE fish. i had a friend look at the video and he said 40lbs. my shoulders are sore. my arms ache. the rush was incredable. espaecially when he came up to the surface. huge boys.
so i feel bad. but somewhere out there, there is a massive spring with a green flasher and an army truck hoochie with the silver skirt out there. i plan to go get him on saturday. wow. i'll get a picture from the vid as soon as i can. big fish!

Never count those biggies out till their in the net. They ushually have a few more runs in them at the boat. Netting takes more skill than many realize.After a while you start to get the hang of it and you know when the fish is ready. I found out the hard way after getting used to teenage springs and lost my first few nice fish this year. Lookin forward to pics

Geoffrey....sorry to hear about the "loss".

I was out on Sunday and we had just one hit all day......I was thinking things were pretty close to done, but there are obviously a few left lurking out there.

Was it at the mouth of the Cap or along Ambleside where you hooked up?

Hey Pippen,

Whats your email?? I tried to PM you over on the fishbc board but it doesn't seem to work...

Nick

we were right in front of the 'blue' apartments that are just east of the pink apartments. i'll be there saturday! see you there.

Geoffrey....also sorry to hear about the "loss". Looking forward to seeing some of the pics.

I'll be out there this week. Any finding any consistency in leader length. I have tried everything from 18" to 36" and nothing seems to work better. The best results I have is with about 24" or less. Any thoughts?

Anyone out today? weather was good for a change, maybe tomorrow is a good prospect. Someone's got to be out in the chuck around Vancouver. Anyone catching chum in the salt locally.

Started fishing Cap at 7:30 a.m. today untill noon. About 30 boats and I didn't see a fish landed. Everyone that came by had no action.We did catch a nice size sole and a 22 inch spring, both swam away for another day. Saw about five chum break the surface.

We fished from firtst light till 6 on sat not even a sniff saw a fella in a kyak get a nice one at cap, we went to cap then point grey, on the way over to bell bouy there was a big bait ball and tons of on the sounder, but nothing hit and then to the t10 that place was as dessert seems like alot of work for no fish

5 hours at the Cap today with one HIT? What is up with that, last year this weekend was mayhem 100 boats, 20 guys with a fish, is it over? Are the that late? This is a weird year!

Back