Fishing the tides around Sooke/Victoria

likwit

Hi All

I have been lurking for some time, and finally joined the forum. Lots of great fishing info here, most of the time without all the squabbling. I look forward to taking part!

My question is for Victoria/Sooke salties... What are preferences with regards to the tides for salmon fishing? I understand that difference places often produce better depending on the ebb or flood, but the flood usually seems stronger and longer when i am out (fishing out of Cheanuh).

Does anyone have any preferences for fishing an ebb vs a flood in and around Becher? Low slack vs high? Not looking for exact secrets, but some hints never hurt! ;)

Thanks all, looking forward to any knowledge anyone is willing to share...

Cheers

Likwit

Tsquared, thanks for that link. I don't usually get much farther than the Trap Shack.. it was interesting to read more about Secretary and Otter Point etc.

As for anyone else fishing the Sooke/Becher area, i will still ask:
Do people prefer the ebb or the flood? If you had your choice of one tide to fish, what would it be?

no preference really for me, I've caught fish on all tides.

That being said, aldridge is a good spot on a flood and if you go around the corner from beechy head there is a little pocket called the "meat hole" that is fishy on the ebb.

If anything I'd look for when the current is light, its hard to cover water properly if you're fighting a really strong current.

Possesion Pt./Secretary isl. on the ebb and Otter Pt. on the flood. I've personally caught more fish on the flood, cause that's the direction of current that brings them here.;)

Back