fishing must be slow

I'm going out Monday if the weather holds.
Prawn traps and winter springs.
This weekend will be busy on the water by the looks of it.

Ok ill give you a report was out today on the bank we got 4 nice springs biggest was just over 12 the smalles was about 8 very calm and nice weather.

Wolf

Nope strip and coyote spoons and right about the depths were you out there?????

Wolf

We're heading out to Porlier tomorow and try our luck, weather permitting, if i get a sniff i'll post it up;)

Off Powell River this afternoon hooked 7 in 2 1/2 hours. Lost 2 to seals, 1 unknown possibly a seal, and 2 undersize 24" and 23 1/2" released.
Kept 1 8lb red and 1 18lb white. Lots of bait at about 200 feet.
It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Kisiana where abouts off Powell river were you? I fish off Bates Beach and some times run over to Grants Reef etc.. That's a good sizw winter 18lbs!! way to go!

SWC

SWC
Northside of the mill towards Sliammon. West side of Harwood has also been producing. Same depth. Army truck coyote.

There are winter springs hanging out around Paddys Milestone and Octopus Point , between 40 and 60 ft , Green/Gold Betsy flasher and the smallest anchovy you can find (really small !) in a clear teaser head , running around 10 to 12 lbs.
And on a different note several good sized squid jigged on the entrance of Burgoyne Bay.

Cheers

AL

quote:Originally posted by alley cat

There are winter springs hanging out around Paddys Milestone and Octopus Point , between 40 and 60 ft , Green/Gold Betsy flasher and the smallest anchovy you can find (really small !) in a clear teaser head , running around 10 to 12 lbs.
And on a different note several good sized squid jigged on the entrance of Burgoyne Bay.

Cheers

AL

Were you using a squid jig, and how deep? Or were you sighting visually?

Squid jig as stated before on another thread (yellow wool attractor) at 25 to 30 ft , noticed them shooting by just under the surface when my grandson and I were fooling around and looking over the side for jellyfish which he is fascinated by.

AL

Back