Fishing in WA State Waters

kaelc

Has anyone done the research on fishing over the line in Washington State? Looks like they are open for Springs in Area 4 neah bay, near Swiftsure. Can we buy a US license and fish in US waters without going into port? I see guys fishing in Sidney sometimes from the US and the US regs mention Canadian fish. I was going to call US customs and ask about needing to check in with their APP or if we have to go into Port. Thanks

We use to fish point Roberts all the time with no hassle as long as you didn’t touch land but I think it all changed a couple of years ago

I fish in the US all the time. But being area 8 there aren't many great openings. I bring the boat today from mosquito creek. I'll be checking in. The next time I fish will be on the Canadian side but leaving from America. I fill out a page on the fish and wildlife website." Fishing in Canada out of American ports ". I cant hit land for any reason and aren't supposed to talk to any other boats. Im not sure about the rules about leaving canada to fish in the US, but its probably the same. America area 8 opens for hatchery in August. It give you a couple more options. The moorage is almost half price. My monthly rate at mosquito is $389 all year. Pt Roberts is about $200 on a monthly.

Has anyone done the research on fishing over the line in Washington State? Looks like they are open for Springs in Area 4 neah bay, near Swiftsure. Can we buy a US license and fish in US waters without going into port? I see guys fishing in Sidney sometimes from the US and the US regs mention Canadian fish. I was going to call US customs and ask about needing to check in with their APP or if we have to go into Port. Thanks
I just got back from Neah Bay. FYI: as of today (24 June) WDFG lowered the daily limit from 2 chinook to one (yesterday was 2 per day) . I hooked my fish at 6:30 AM this morning. Technically, I was done for the day. That would be a lot of gas to burn for that level of fishing opportunity

Area 7 (incl Point Robert’s) looks like you cantake 1 hatch/day beginning July 1st. Min size 22”. Will be giving it a go if open in buddies little DE he’s got down at fam cabin.

Attachments

• 2961F9BD-826F-4178-A5F7-301E0283D6D9.png
    2961F9BD-826F-4178-A5F7-301E0283D6D9.png
    678.5 KB · Views: 16
  • B27C7A45-ABA2-4F8B-92B5-959442F6AE8F.png
    B27C7A45-ABA2-4F8B-92B5-959442F6AE8F.png
    540.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
That is last year’s regs. MA7 has only 3 days in mid-July for Kings. It will reopen later for coho.
I stand corrected! Silly that last years regs pop up first when searching but should’ve caught that. What are the 3 days since I can’t read?

Back