Fishing around ruxton island

rockdog

Just wondering if there is any good fishing around ruxton island. I'm gonna be there on the weekend, and wouldn't mind giving it a go. Salmon would be the target. Any tips would be helpful,
Thx

PM if you don't want to give too much away :)

long time ago late 60s however fished the west side close in 2 springs app 15lb Tomic 40ft Never fished there before right place at the right time maybe Never been back

Just wondering if there is any good fishing around ruxton island. I'm gonna be there on the weekend, and wouldn't mind giving it a go. Salmon would be the target. Any tips would be helpful,
Thx

PM if you don't want to give too much away :)
I have fished that area.
Inside is very slow...the odd nice spring will come thru on the way to the Nanaimo River thru Dodds Narrows (which is closed to fishing I think).
The odd spring is caught off Yellow Point . Much better chance for springs or coho off the north side of Silva Bay (where you can buy gas) the Flattops, Thrasher Rock or Pollier Pass, but be carefull..the reefs come up from nowhere and easy to get hooked up.
You can jerk fish for springs too. Not sure what closures are in effect?
Good luck, it is a beautiful area for sure!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, thanks for the info guys. After looking at that dfo link by hasty, makes me wonder about the opportunities there. I think I'll run to silva bay, and join the boats....if there are any.....

Back