First car wanted

Bearded wonder

My daughter is looking for her first car. Budget is $5000. Looking for clean 4 door smaller car or hatchback . We are in Nanaimo but willing to look up and down Vancouver Island. Let me know if you know of one.

Agree on the Vibe/ Matrix. Same car, son still owns his 2010 Vibe (for 9 years now ) which has survived the test of time admirably.
Just wish he would look after the maintenance on a regular basis and possibly wash it once in a while. His comment, the rain will look after the wash and with maintenance a indicator light will eventually come on. LOL

Just wish he would look after the maintenance on a regular basis and possibly wash it once in a while. His comment, the rain will look after the wash and with maintenance a indicator light will eventually come on. LOL
Same with one of our "adult" offspring. Actually ran two different cars out of oil. Only one survived.... and not for long.

I had my young daughter out looking for cars today too. An eye opening experience. Prices are crazy and there’s minimal inventory at best.

One dealer told me US retailers are snapping up any good inventory and sometimes offering the dealer 1000 bucks over asking, sight unseen.

Vw Golf has never let us down since new in 08. Not matainance hungry and good on fuel for the wife's daily.

may I also preach PLEASE GET A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION DONE!!!!!

DO NOT just take peoples word for repairs that have "been done recently" and ask for service records. I don't know how many times I see people get screwed over when they buy a used vehicle for themselves or for their children, just to find out that it needs 2-$3000 worth of repairs just to make it safe and reliable!

I have pt cruser it has about 100,000 km it's running very well and no issues. I m asking for $2500.00

may I also preach PLEASE GET A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION DONE!!!!!

DO NOT just take peoples word for repairs that have "been done recently" and ask for service records. I don't know how many times I see people get screwed over when they buy a used vehicle for themselves or for their children, just to find out that it needs 2-$3000 worth of repairs just to make it safe and reliable!
FYI....

No longer can a private party sell a vehicle with a known problem like years gone past.

Vehicle Sales Authority (VSA) have had it changed where you have recourse if someone knowingly sells you something with a bad engine or transmission, as an example.

FYI....

No longer can a private party sell a vehicle with a known problem like years gone past.

Vehicle Sales Authority (VSA) have had it changed where you have recourse if someone knowingly sells you something with a bad engine or transmission, as an example.
its a 7 day window I believe isnt it?

FYI....

wadda mean you cant just put some heavy oil in er to get the knocking sound quieter.

Back