USA purchase issue

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
So going down this week to look at a boat and have talked to my insurance agent about bringing g it back . So insuring the trailer from icbc is no problem but having problems getting insurance for the boat from Seattle to the border. Looking for FIRST hand experience. I boat my last boat like 10 years ago down there but no remember this issue or how we got it done.

For what it's worth, I bought a boat and trailer in Washington in 2017. Ran into a problem getting temporary Washington insurance for the trailer because the new at the time insurance computer program at the DMV couldn't accept the number of digits on a BC drivers license. The dealer ended up issuing me a day permit.

i did this with my insurance broker, may be different for your situation..
showed sales agreement with dates, had the boat surveyed already and emailed a copy.
basically had the boat insured before i even had it behind my truck.

For what it's worth, I bought a boat and trailer in Washington in 2017. Ran into a problem getting temporary Washington insurance for the trailer because the new at the time insurance computer program at the DMV couldn't accept the number of digits on a BC drivers license. The dealer ended up issuing me a day permit.
Same for me, bayside issued a day permit for me to bring back, also had a insurance binder from my insurance guy here

Back