Favorite Books?

If you want to keep busy for a while try the "A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones)" series by George RR Martin. I just finished book #5 and now have to wait for 6 and 7. Damm, it's hard to wait!
#6 is out -sitting right beside the monitor-got it from the library earlier this week and Yes it's a read & a half!

Two books I have recently read both on World War 2.....Unbroken...by Laura Hillenbrand, rediculous true story of survival and self sacrifice....and A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan....I can't stress how good this one is either, about the failed Market Garden Airborne Campaign in Holland during World War 2.

Honestly I enjoy and admire most ww2 books but those 2 are absolutley incredible.

#6 is out -sitting right beside the monitor-got it from the library earlier this week and Yes it's a read & a half!

You must have the only copy as its not fully written haha. I definitely recommend the book series! Not much of a thinker but certainly entertaining. The TV series restarts in spring.

Just saw this book on the ferry and thought it would interest some of you guys. It's called The River Killers by Bruce Burrows. It's about DFO deception and cover-up. Here is the write up:

Danny Swanson, Department of Fisheries and Oceans employee and ex-fisherman, isn’t exactly upset when he’s reassigned from a desk job in Ottawa to an at-sea job on the West Coast. His superiors think they’re punishing him for his indiscretions, but Danny is pleased to be back on the Pacific, reconnecting with his old fishing buddies. Revisiting his past life, though, is trolling up some old memories, including a troubling incident from ten years ago, when Danny and his crew pulled up a deformed fish. It was young Billy who decided to bring the odd creature to the DFO in Vancouver for examination. Billy and the fish were never seen again. Now, Danny’s buddy is on his mind when he stumbles across a photo of the fish in the DFO databases, and suddenly, Danny can’t let Billy’s disappearance get swept under the rug.
With the help of RCMP Sergeant Louise Karavchuk, Danny starts hauling old histories to the surface and delving into what he starts to believe may be a massive conspiracy. Who can Danny trust in his search for the truth? The organized, well-dressed officials of the DFO? Or his somewhat rowdy and rough-around-the-edges fishing buddies from the past?

I requested a hold on this book today and it it was a 6:1 ratio holds for copies available.. so I think I may be waiting a while
One of my fav's is 3 against the wilderness by Eric collier. It will be a while before I can get this and read it for the second time.

I just read 'last of the wild wolves', by ian mcallister. It was an amazing book I thought, and a real eye opener for me on issues regarding the the great bear rainforest. The way these guys were able to get close to the wolves, know them as individuals, and explain their behavior was just awesome.
If anyone wants to borrow my book, I'd be happy to lend it out, as long as it is returned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back