Favorite anchovy teaser/ flasher combo

in Aug, Esperanza Inlet green hotspot, army truck teaser glow anchovy special, chartreuse dyed anchovy

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the bullet roll heads, they put a nice roll on just about any chunk of bait.

Purple haze, white glow (602), green glow splatterback or glow army truck rhye davis anchovy special behind a purple haze, green, gold, raspberry or white flasher.

Another great color is the chrome chartreuse rhye davis anchovy special.

a little off topic but what gauge wire do you guys use if any? I've got 20 right now but seems a little heavy on the smaller choovies

I like kripple K heads-usually green or glow green in the spring thru to mid aug with a green glow flasher-not that particular as long as it's green. Mid august on I try the red head kripple K and a red striped flasher-results can be spectacular- but if not I revert back to green. Only if the previous combo does not work will I put on other colours. I always stay consistent as I am usually testing Pirates Den LED's or Tomic plugs with LED's on the other side so I have to have proven tackle down on one side so I can make a reasonable evaluation. Maybe the question should have been on anchovy leader length and when and where do you change. Much more important IMO!!

Yup, learned that trick years ago from a guide , to keep a desired bend in the anchovy for the perfect slow role to imitate a wounded baitfish. Definitely want stainless wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, learned that trick years ago from a guide , to keep a desired bend in the anchovy for the perfect slow role to imitate a wounded baitfish. Definitely want stainless wire.

Works well if your bait is soft-however a pain in the butt to use and not necessary if you brine well IMO

I moved away from using wire over concerns about what the wire can do to any fish that ingest my rig. Now I use a simple tooth pick which works just fine once you get used to them. Not to mention, good brine and quality bait usually results in great action even without doctoring up your chovie.

what is the best way to brine your anchovy, I have always just thrown a pack of anchovy in a ziplock full of pickling salt the morning of fishing.. seems to work, alittle of topic but still looking for the best setup possible for my teaser.

At least throw them in the night before if not sooner throwing them in salt the morning of is not going to do much?

I cover mine in coarse salt for 2-3 days in the fridge then throw them back in the freezer the night before I go fishing.

Back