Fathers Day Weekend Fishing Derby

We are looking for a few people who will not be fishing in to the derby and who have some free time of the Father's Day weekend to give the SVIAC crew some extra hands required for various tasks. PM me if you are interested in getting involved, lending a hand and having some fun.

Good luck to everyone in this fantastic event! I think there will only be winners with the amount of prizes the organizers came up with. Too bad for me that I have a conflict of two fantastic events over fathers day this year. Hope I will be able to get a ticket next year! Cheers!

Oh poor you!!! enjoy your 2 weeks in Germany at the big reunions and then the next 2 weeks at the world soccer championship in Brazil. Sounds like a fun month ahead!!!

I'll miss the awkward stork dance at the wind up - whose going to take that on for Chris?

Good luck to everyone in this fantastic event! I think there will only be winners with the amount of prizes the organizers came up with. Too bad for me that I have a conflict of two fantastic events over fathers day this year. Hope I will be able to get a ticket next year! Cheers!

Too bad when Germany loses you will be live to see it HE!HE! I am pretty jealous actually..See you when you get back.

Just purchased my tickets and membership on the SVIAC website with pay pal, it went smoothly. Now just got to look to the mailbox.

Mornin..thanks for your online purchase. Chris Bos will have your tickets in the mail asap. Don't forget the skippers get together on June 6th from 6-9 pm at the Alpine Marine Centre upper floor room. We will be handing out a derby booklet, derby t-shirts, selling Team Jackpot and Monte Carlo hidden weight jackpot tickets. We will also explain some of the other special categories and prizes available. We will also have a 50/50 draw. The Alpine crew will be manning a barbecue and we will have a couple of Hoyne brews available.

Just a heads up as I've just called the vendors for a count of regular tickets still available. Island Outfitters has 3 left, Eagle Eye in Sooke has 2 left, Alpine Marine has less than 10, Wise Buys has 15 left and Pedder Bay Marina is sold out. Some of these tickets my be pulled to cover online sales to date. Once theses are gone the only option to obtain tickets would be to become a derby sponsor.

Alpine Marine is now sold out of tickets. Island Outfitters has 11, Wise Buys have 12 and Eagle Eye may have 2 and that is it for regular tickets.

I bought my tickets online, looks like its going to be a pretty sweet derby. Profisher being that I won't be able to make it for the BBQ could you keep me in the loop regarding all the side bets and stuff. Thanks for the help.

The remaining tickets are now only available at either Wise Buys or Island Outfitters. The other vendors are sold out.

The remaining tickets are now only available at either Wise Buys or Island Outfitters. The other vendors are sold out.

Already got my tickets but was wondering besides the 300 derby tickets that are almost sold out how many additional tickets are given out to sponsors

also was wondering about how many tickets sponsors got? also do you have to be at the legion to clamim your prize for the draw?

We are looking for a few people who will not be fishing in to the derby and who have some free time of the Father's Day weekend to give the SVIAC crew some extra hands required for various tasks. PM me if you are interested in getting involved, lending a hand and having some fun.

Sent you some info regarding a few Gals who can Help.

There are about 60 sponsor tickets out of 100 that were printed that have been given out. You won't have to be at the Legion for the fish prizes or the draws as we will have the ability to track those and contact winners afterwards if they don't claim them on the Sunday. You will have to be there to win any of the raffle, auction or 50/50 prizes. Having said that we hope most ticket holders will plan on attending to claim prizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of this morning Outfitters have 3 tickets left, Chris Bos has 3 tickets he has been holding for online sales that he will drop off at Outfitters tomorrow morning. So there are 6 available at Outfitters and Wise Buys have 6 left. So down to the last dozen tickets remaining.

Trending towards a sell out. Great work done by all the organizers so far. What page are the wind up details on? I assumed it was at pedder bay again sounds like maybe the legion?

All details are found at www.anglercoalition.com. We will be sending out an email to all of those who bought tickets and gave us an email as well. That should happen after the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should also note that online sales of derby tickets has been closed. We had to shut that down to avoid over selling with only a handful of tickets left.

Back