Espar heater

What fuel to run in espar heater. Should I use diesel or clear kerosine in my new heater. I was told kerosine is better to use than deisel.

Espar Canada said you can use desel or kerosene. The only thing with using kerosene in the summer is only use 1/2 hr at a time as kerosene burns hotter than desel. Could cause damage if heater gets to hot and to long of use.

Use mine all the time in the summer with kerosene and never had a problem and it’s on for hours at a time

Kerosene is a lighter diesel oil than #2, hence why it is designated as #1 diesel. The lighter weight means it contains slightly less energy – about 135,000 BTU per gallon vs. 139,000 BTU for a gallon of #2. ... This is part of the reason kerosene burns drier, with less lubricity, than #2 diesel.
copied from the internet, i don't want anyone to get the idea i know what i am doing!

The heaters definitely burn better on kerosene, less smoke on startup, less sooting. The downside is that the dosing pumps wear out much quicker because there is not enough lubricity from the Kero. I don't think it's much of an issue for how we use them recreationally, but if you say lived in a live aboard boat and ran your heater basically 24/7 it's an issue.

Back