Diesel heater error code

DuroBoat

I just replaced my controller for a vevor diesel heater and get error code E-07. It’s supposed to mean no connection between the controller and unit but all connections / connectors seem right… bad new controller?

Attachments

• IMG_5205.jpeg
    IMG_5205.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 11
I just replaced my controller for a vevor diesel heater and get error code E-07. It’s supposed to mean no connection between the controller and unit but all connections / connectors seem right… bad new controller?
No real world experience with this issue but the Diesel heater Facebook page is saying a replacement non facyory controller and original factory motherboard are unlikely to work together. They should be replaced as a set.

No real world experience with this issue but the Diesel heater Facebook page is saying a replacement non facyory controller and original factory motherboard are unlikely to work together. They should be replaced as a set.
Brutal. The new controller is exactly the same as the one that came with the heater. It was cracked so I had to replace it… seems my wiring is all clean and connected - new fuse and battery so I’m suspecting a compatibility issue somewhere? Really would like to get this thing working!

That’s too bad. I’m not up on computer speak but I think it’s something to do with the programming between the new controller and old motherboard. If you hook the factory controller back up can you get it to work?

Are the solder connections for the wires on the controller board ok? Could be some suspect wire on the controller’s output. It could be a data/logic level voltage incompatibility. Do you have part numbers for the heater’s main board, and the controller?

Back