Elk lake

P

Pauly

Hey
Well I havnt been fishing in a while and I wanted to pick up the hobby again. I live relativly close to elk lake so that would be the best place for me. I have never been fishing there, I use to go fishing a ogden poin in the winter for bottm fish. They have some good fishing there. But to my main point. Today I found a nice spot on elk lake on the otherside of the highway. They have a dock there. Im wondering if any of you have any experience fishing there and what are some good techniques and baits to catch fish there.

THX paul

I know that the guys catch fish off the dock quite regularily through-out the year. If you are going to start fishing Elk Lake right now its best to hit it early in the morning or late in the evening as the temp. has heated up as of late. I have also seen guys on shore on the hwy side catch fish.

A good way to catch fish from the shore is to get a good casting rod and load up your hook/lure with some Berkely Powerbait and cast it out as far as you can and let it sit on the bottom until you get something. Not the most exciting way to fish, but your just about guaranteed to catch something. It all depends what kind of fishing you like.

If you can't afford a boat or canoe, try getting a belly boat. There lots of fun, relatively cheap and very easy to transport. you can get into a belly boat, waders and fins for under $500 new and less of course for used stuff.

Sharp hooks and full traps!

Roe you sure have lots to say about everything yet your from cuba???
Beat it

you spend so much time on here you must never be out there fishing

Maybe try it

Back