Elk Lake

adanac

Looking to do something different while working out of town in victoria . What is smallie fishing like this time of year at elk and beaver ? Spots , techniques ? I have only fished smallies on vaseux and osoyoos back in my youth . Fished allot of tubes back then.

There are Largemouth in there as well, no doubt thanks to a live well on one of those fancy bass boats. I just lob a plastic worm wacky rigged and they're on it. As simple as it gets. Mid April it really starts to turn on.

There are Largemouth in there as well, no doubt thanks to a live well on one of those fancy bass boats. I just lob a plastic worm wacky rigged and they're on it. As simple as it gets. Mid April it really starts to turn on.
They take a fly?

Went to elk lake last year, fish until about 2.30,I DIDNT GET A hit all night. This lake has to be one of the worst lakes.

Check out this FB group:

Trout are hitting. 51F20240416_140042.jpg

Last edited:
Went to elk lake last year, fish until about 2.30,I DIDNT GET A hit all night. This lake has to be one of the worst lakes.
Elk is one of the best lakes lower island, you need to put your time in and figure it out. Often times only a few areas produce fish. Trout up to 5 and 6 lbs to be had if you are really lucky. Stick with it.

Back