alaska highway fishing

Twitchjig

Hey there I'm curious if anyone can give insight to fishing for grayling or bull trout around Muncho lake, or along the Alaska Highway. I am headed on a stone sheep hunt and will spend July 27-28 between Muncho Lake and Watson lake. Anything Liard river ?

Liard is a HUGE river... hunted Grizzlies up there a bunch of years ago and was shocked by its size. Racing river, toad, muskwa, or any other piece of water that looks like it would hold a fish definatly will. Don't leave your gun in your truck though... It's serious bear country. Good luck on the Stones!

The Smith and Coal river north of the hot springs holds Grayling I'd assume the trout river does as well. Not sure the direction your coming from but the Inlet into Dease lake on Hwy 37 holds big ones I believe it's called Thibert Creek. If you have time go north of Watson to the Frances river You'll be happy you did.

Bring a big bore for walking creeks!!

Done a couple of "drives" up the Alaska Highway...

Always an easy find it seemed....great fun on light gear (yes, not a fly fisher) and a great fight!

thank you so much, ill be driving from Edmonton and will try spend some time between Muncho and Watson lake, visiting Liard hot springs and looking for the odd place to fish.

Back