Electric Kicker Steering

Barbender

Anyone have any experience with electric steering systems for kickers? Did not want to put a seperate wheel etc that come with traditional teleflex systems. Just curious as to any experiences you may have had good or bad with one.

I run a TR-AUTOPILOT and love it! Earlier isues seem to have been ironed out. I can fish alone in wind and fast tide and keep on track even while landing fish. :)

My partner put a system on his boat.It operates using a small joystick.He has one control mouinted on the port downrigger base and another mounted further forward near the cabin door.He's been pretty happy with it.
Dave

For ease of use, the Panther T-4 is great. It has had some serious issues, but the motor is now (rubber) sealed and they have added an o-ring seal for the steer rod. This combination should solve the durability issue that plagued this unit previously.

Too much water, too little time

Thanks for the come backs. How easy/hard are they to install? I read up on the Panther's and it seems there are some durability issues with that system at least in the past. Hopefully they have been resolved as the system seems fairly economical. Will check out the TR-Autopilot.

Ive had the TR 1 for about 4 years trouble free.... works great for muliple fish on it keeps the the boat in a line:)

Panther T-4 is about a 5 to 10 minute install - dead easy

Too much water, too little time

Back