ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

Hi Kelly, I was in about 160-180'. Re-posting pics as I moved them to another album which messed up the post.

SummerweekendJuly242010012.jpg

SummerweekendJuly242010019.jpg

I was at sangster tonight, got one about(20lbs) lost one to a seal that was a little bigger. looked like everyone was fishing ballenas island , much going on there?

I'm not sure how Ballenas was last night. I couldn't get out as I was messing with an electrical problem on my downrigger. Was supposed to be a 5-10 min job which turned into something more...it always happens. It looked like there were a lot of boats out there....beautiful flat night.

Nice job at Sangster...that is where I wanted to go last night. How deep were you down.

I heard and confirmed that a 40 or 41 lber was jigged at Ballenas a couple of nights ago. There was a lot of bait there that night.

On a side note I lost one because the Gibbs flasher I just bought that day did not have its rings welded. Lost fish and my best lure. Got the flasher replaced but was told Gibbs wouldn't replace the lure. No more Gibbs for me. Be sure to check your stuff, even out of the package.

Back in town now and will be out daily.went 6 for 8 this morning but 5 were about an inch short, the other was 15lbs.140-175ft Gerald on the regular gear.any word if the whites have shown up at french creek?

hey kelly well jusy wondering if your ever looking for a fish partner anyways just moved into our new house in french creek fished out front like 4 times nothing here alive i was thinking running a 27 foot explorer all the goodies hit me up if you wanna ride together for a trip 250 594 0181 0r 403 597 2191 work cvell number that is chat soon

quote:Originally posted by Degree of Freedom

couple more weeks and the gong show at the Little Q will begin :)

hopefully it doesn't rain until mid September.
And I will be right there in the thick of it!! [:p]

Can't wait. [8D]

Kildonen, when exactly are you planning on being in that area? I had to cancel my usual holiday dates (due to reno's at the homestead)but will be looking to taking a week or two near the end of the month to play.

Boat is now tricked out with the new toys.[8D] Took it out on the weekend and very happy with the set-up now. Didn't catch much but a wild coho, a small cod and 3 doggies but I'm not complaining. The serious fishing is yet to come.:D

DOF, the springs should be there sooner than that. Saw some in the Little Q at this time last year, so they just may be schooling up out front now.

'Hawk

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

there's probably a few early arrivals...the fishing gets better and better towards the end of August and into early September until the big rains start.
first fish for me last year was Aug 14 and I won't be wasting time or gas until at least then this year.

Hey guys , Ive been out at sangster a couple of times in the last week and it has been HOT! Got 3 on friday and 5 on saturday in 3.5 hrs each trip. It was windy but worth it. Got some relatives some fish to take home. nothing huge all between 11-22lbs. herring and hootchies.

yup , hitting fish 115 to 140 in 200ft. I'll be out there this weekend trying to get my old man into a fish or two.
say hey if any of you guys are out there.

20ft Olympic NW Walkaround

Has anyone been out to Little Q yet to see if it has started?

Went past Sangster yesterday but didn't fish, we were on the last leg home after logging over 200 nautical miles since Monday aft. Not bad for my sweetheart on her first trip. Dropped her off and had to run over to Schooner to pull the boat after the bearings were replaced while we were away. Stopped at Gerald for a quick troll as I heard some guys were having some luck. There was a ton of weed on the surface and had to constantly check the lines then ran out of time.Now I have to finish painting the house as promised but might try to get out tonite.BRS

Slow slow slow. Nothing legal between the 10+ boats i talked to today. We got 5 undersize between 20-23 inches at gerald. Will try sangster tomorrow.

Scraped another 23-24 incher up and released him. Tried to get over to French creek or sangster but it was lumpy and i was solo.Any reports from FC? Those big whites gotta be showing soon. It was aug 8th last year.

Newfie just saw your post. do you have an email?

Picked up a 10lber off Ballenas last night it was one from a double header. Saw another boat catch one just after we boated ours. 150' green and white coyote. 3" feed in the belly + what looked like a big shiner.

yes i do kelly its islandboy269 at the hot spot yeah was in hardy for 4 days it was smoking up that way anyways flying back to work tommorow but well be back in couple weeks again hopefully some huge slabs then lol

Back